PGW Auto Glass, LLC, is a large automotive aftermarket distributor with approximately 1,000 employees throughout the United States and Canada. We have an exciting opportunity with a newly created position of Regional Safety Manager
. This role will will be responsible to lead the development, implementation and management of all safety, health and environmental programs for all of PGW. The Regional Safety Manager will work closely with and provide guidance to all levels of the organization regarding safety, health and compliance concerns or needs for multiple facilities within North America.
This position will have a hybrid work environment with a home office and PGW office location. There is also travel requirements to PGW branch locations up to 50% of the time. Preference is to have the PGW office location in Chillicothe, OH or Pittsburgh, PA.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work closely with and provide guidance to all levels of management regarding safety/compliance concerns or needs for multiple facilities throughout North America.
- Identify and implement company best practices to create standards in order to continuously improve safety, health and environmental practices.
- Assist in the development and implementation of safety policies and procedures.
- Provide consultation and assistance to managers in conducting accident investigations and determining root cause.
- Support all of PGW with governmental inquiries or inspections related to safety or environmental complaints or concerns.
- Develop written safety committee topics and visual aids to support safety committees throughout PGW.
- Directly support the operations leaders regarding projects associated with safety and risk.
- Develop and conduct safety related webinars and training programs as needed.
- Support PGW Branch Managers in compliance efforts through knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Develop and maintain OSHA recordkeeping requirements for all PGW locations.
- Conduct on-site safety evaluations, followed by reporting and recommendations to help protect team members from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Develop safety training matrix to include all required safety training courses and frequency for employees and equipment.
- Track key performance indicators on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Develop and conduct safety and compliance presentations at regional and district meetings.
- Maintain current knowledge of safety trends and practices in the industry to adapt to changing safety environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following fields - safety and health, environmental, industrial hygiene, public health.
- 5+ years of experience in safety management within the manufacturing or distribution center environment.
- 3+ years of experience in handling multiple location safety management efforts.
- Certified Safety Professional.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills that allow for effective communications, both written and verbal.
- Planning, organizing and time management skills to effectively establish the priority and scheduling of work tasks and projects to ensure work priorities are completed on time and within budget.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills to enable the identification of issues and the judgement to determine appropriate courses of action for achieving long-range organizational goals.
- Ability to conduct audits and investigations by gathering evidence through observation, interview, and sampling of documents and records, and communicate the results.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
Travel: Willingness to travel up to 50% within North America.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Word, PowerPoint, and other software applications.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts