We will only consider candidates that have Help Desk Management experience
Metric5 is seeking an IT Help Desk Manager to join our dynamic Application Management Support Services team at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
The ideal IT Help Desk Manager will provide support for IT operations and maintenance in relation to incident, problem, and change management procedures. The Help Desk team will support 80+ Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS), Government Off The Shelf (GOTS), Oracle Fusion Middleware (OFMW), and Enterprise applications in a Federal Government IT help desk environment. The manger will work with the IT operational organization in handling escalations, creating various ad hoc reports for management, and tracking/analyzing trends of Help Desk requests. The IT professional in this role will be responsible for preparing and maintaining procedures and guidelines for end users, managing problem resolution, and tailoring application status communications to executives. This is a highly visible position with the client where daily verbal and written interaction with all levels of management is highly probable. The successful IT Help Desk Manager must have a history of managing a successful help desk team while meeting contractual SLAs and other viable metrics.
- Minimum 5 years of managing IT Help Desk Operations
- Experience meeting SLAs and other viable metrics related to Help Desk success including but not limited to; number of tickets closed, response time, customer satisfaction, reduction of repeat incidents
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional team building and management skills
- Stakeholder management experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Must be able to provide planned and on-the-fly solutions to typical and unique issues
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to work in a fluid and fast paced team environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing a Federal Government IT Help Desk environment
- Agile / Scrum certification or Lean Six Sigma or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- ITIL or other IT certifications related to this area
- Familiarity with many enterprise and COTS/GOTS products that support the Federal Government
- Experience working at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission either as federal employee or a contractor
- You may be asked to share professional recognition that you've received from a colleague or client for customer service or help desk management
Education: Bachelor s Degree
Years of Experience: 5+ years of IT Management experience
Clearance: Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Metric5 is an SBA certified 8(a) small business with big company benefits. We have a passionate team of smart, fun-caring professionals, and we are here for the long haul. Join our close-knit growing team in a business where your contributions make an enormous impact. Our organization offers a comprehensive employee benefits package, continuous professional development, with a best in class company culture that is enjoyable to work in and supports the growth of each of our professionals.
Our benefits include
- Health & Dental Insurance 100% of individual coverage paid for by the company
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match (employees are immediately vested)
- Paid Vacation
- 8 Paid Holidays per year (plus 2 paid floating holidays)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Employee bonuses
- Professional Development reimbursement program
- Tuition Assistance Program
Metric5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Metric5 s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
Other Considerations: Relocation will not be offered. Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual s primary workstation is located in an office area. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time .
- provided by Dice