Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Lambeth Council to hire a Technology Policy and Assurance Manager on a contract basis.
Main purpose of post
The Technology Business Unit operates to Design, Deliver, Run and Maintain the technology solutions and services required for the Council to process business and deliver services to the residents of Lambeth. All functions work collaboratively to deliver effective end to end solutions and services.
This role works within the Design function which is accountable for engaging with Business Directorates to highlight innovative and new technologies that may deliver business benefit, capture requirements and design effective technology solutions and services that enable
effective business operations.
The Technology Policy and Assurance Manager is accountable for the design and development of technology policy governing Risk and Compliance, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery and Information Security ensuring all policies are aligned to Lambeth's corporate policies. The role provides monitoring and assurance across the whole of Lambeth's environment ensuring that policies are correctly implemented and that design, programme and operation services adhere to these requirements and ensure Business Services are not at risk from threats that would disrupt continuity or compromise security.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate senior leaders, together with proven and demonstrable leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience in a Technology Policy and Assurance role preferably working within a large Local Authority or with a Service Provider providing technology services in support of the public sector
- Must demonstrate a track record of leading effective teams delivering high quality Services that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and capability to work within relevant IT related standards
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent Accredited to Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or equivalent qualification.
- Accredited to Microsoft 365 5 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
If this is a role that you are qualified for and something you wish to apply for then please apply below and contact Thomas Humphreys at Spencer Clarke Group as soon as possible.