The Flexible Lifestyle Employment Company is transforming the world of blue-collar recruitment by unlocking the value of flexible employment and connecting a new generation of lifestyle workers with workplaces that value them.
With extensive business growth planned, we are expanding our team based in the Birmingham area. We have an opportunity for a dynamic and experienced UX/UI designer to lead on user experience and interface design for our platform and mobile apps. You will be working closely with our product owner, developers and users to build and test design proposals and discuss feedback.
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to help turn our roadmap into easy-to-use products for our clients and lead the implementation of UX best practice in our product team.
UX/UI Designer responsibilities include wireframing potential flows for new features, designing graphic elements and usability testing. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. You will be the design interface between our users' needs and our developers understanding.
If you have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web and mobile applications, and an experience of turning complex user requirements into highly usable interfaces, we'd like to meet you.
UX design- Based on collaboration with our Product Owner and direct involvement in user research you will sketch ideas and wireframes adapting to evolving requirements and stakeholder feedback.
Usability testing - Plan and run usability tests to inform design decisions and feed into a continuous improvement cycle.
UI design - Develop elegant UI mockups and prototypes for web and mobile apps that clearly illustrate how pages function and look.
Brand consistency - Ensure consistent representation of our brand through writing compelling, user-friendly copy and developing a style guide.
Create mock-ups - Translate your design artefacts into usable code to support the development team.
Stay up to date with key trends - Maintain your knowledge of best practices and what's new across the logistics industry, platform technology and agile/scrum.
- Proven experience delivering high levels of usability in a UI/UX Designer or similar focused role.
- Portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with responsive web and mobile applications
- Skilled in using modern design software and wireframe tools.
- Experience designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Able to plan and run usability tests to inform design decisions
- Comfortable breaking down complex workflows into intuitive user interfaces
- Excellent empathy for the user and a user-centric mindset
- Comfortable writing compelling, user-friendly copy that guides the user
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in an autonomous environment
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including technologists, users, customers and executives
- Experience facilitating workshops with users, customers and other stakeholders
- Experience with user research such as surveys and interviews
- Experience working with agile development teams.
- Experience design