WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Ignite XDS is looking for a front-end web developer that is capable of building high-fidelity mobile & desktop interfaces, that can create code that works across platforms and on multiple devices, and that has the tenacity and technical savvy to solve just about any bug that may come up in testing. We are only looking for candidates that keep a keen eye for accuracy, that are dedicated to constantly evolving, that push boundaries, that have the grit to never settle for average, that have a teamwork attitude, and that have the drive to produce amazing work day-in and day-out.
As a front-end web developer at Ignite XDS you will be expected to demonstrate your knowledge of the latest trends and technologies within user interface design and web development. You will be collaborating with our team of designers, developers, content writers, and project managers, but will be expected to take the personal initiative to complete projects with minimal supervision. You must exhibit strong organization and time management skills, with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO DO:
- Create final production-ready code for customer-facing web pages and tools
- Consider localization, accessibility, and ease of maintenance in all solutions
- Work with business and technical teams for feedback and validation
- Collaborate with the project manager, creative director, and production team to ensure all designs and development are on-brand for each respective client
- Maintain existing client websites by utilizing the best practices and latest technology advancements
- Participate in the on-going improvement of our development process
- Utilize strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with team members and clients
- Successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, handle a fast-paced work environment, and meet hard deadlines
- Document ongoing progress and status on all assigned projects through Asana
- Adapt to changing priorities
- Accept new challenges
- Be curious, passionate, and accountable
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2+ years of web development experience
- Excel in design-to-development process
- Knowledge of responsive and mobile first design and development principles
- Must be adept at CSS/HTML and have some experience with frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Familiarity with web standards and best practices, including cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with or knowledge of the Agile Development Methodology
- Fundamental understanding of a server side development language like Ruby on Rails, PHP, ASP.NET, or similar
- Familiarity with GIT or other version control systems
- General understanding of UI/UX design paradigms and patterns
- Demonstrate experience with web application development through work history, or involvement in personal or open-source projects
- Ability to work and interact as part of a team
- Must be available to work on-site
- Strong organizational, time-management, and communication skills
- Fundamental Skills with the Adobe Suite - mainly Photoshop and Illustrator
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Experience with databases and familiarity with SQL
- Experience deploying and maintaining web applications with Heroku
- In depth knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Fundamental Sketch skills
+Marketing & Strategy
+Design, Development, Words, & Film
But our commitment to serving our clients is the real secret to our success!
At Ignite XDS, we’re so much more than your average marketing agency. We’re passionate about establishing strong brands backed by fantastic design for our clients. We believe in taking a holistic, 360° approach to marketing and business strategy with our clients. The work crafted in our core competency labs is guided by our values, standards, and proven process based on three pillars of success: Position. Message. Process.
Just as important, is that we take care to carefully handpick our partners to ensure we enter business relationships only with those likeminded visionaries that we can truly make a difference with - those who are willing to seize opportunities and put in hard work.
WE'RE ALL IN.
Role: Front-End Web Developer
Apply for this job now.