IP Services, Eugene’s premier data center and managed services provider, is looking for a full time Network Engineer in the Eugene area.
The Network Engineer’s primary focus is configuring, implementing, and managing high performance, high visibility networks for our data center and our customers. Our Network Engineers translates business and technology vision into secure, highly available, well documented networks and systems that are easy to operate and maintain.
The successful applicant is an experienced network engineer, with at least a CCNP level of mastery. You keep it as simple as possible to meet business requirements. You know what’s going on within your networks at all times and why. You know it’s strengths and weaknesses. You’re constantly working to improve it. You stay current on both the gear and the concepts and are comfortable working with equipment from a variety of vendors. You love to innovate, think holistically and learn. You take ownership and are accountable. You’ve worked for a data center or other distributed, high performance, high security environment.
· Configuring firewalls and switches for new and existing client networks
· Reviewing network configurations and tuning for greater performance and/or security
· Change detection and management
· Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of network resources
· Managing incidents and fulfilling service requests for clients
· On call rotation to respond to escalated network issues
· 4-6 years as a network engineer in a corporate environment
· Experience with all aspects of networking (switching, VLANs, segmentation etc.)
· Configuring IPS and DLP
· Experience configuring a variety of VPNs
· High Availability architecture
· Secure networking
· Time Management
· Great communication
· Traffic Analysis
· Network design and architecture
· Experience working within the ITIL framework
· Calm under pressure
About IP Services:
At IP Services, we provide managed IT services to our clients, built on proven methodologies and best practices. We focus on doing that as awesomely as possible. We are a highly collaborative, team-oriented workplace. We’re nimble, technology forward, and process focused. We literally wrote the book on ITIL and Visible Ops: #-visible-ops-handbook-review.html
IP Services has been providing managed services and security for almost twenty years. Utilizing VisibleOps, we take the guess work out of IT and provide highly available secure solutions to customers to meet their end to end IT needs.
Role: Network Engineer
Apply for this job now.