Job Title:Talent Acquisition Consultant
Reports To:Vice President of Human Resources
The Talent AcquisitionConsultantis responsible for the employee recruitment activities including: advertising for open positions, screening resumes, conducting phone screens, interviewing applicants, working with hiring managers, conducting background checks, obtaining approvals and facilitating the new-hire onboarding process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Possesses knowledge of the business and market to actively source for appropriate candidates.
- Partners with hiring managers to develop hiring strategies to meet business needs.
- Develops and maintains a network of outside contacts including recruiters, agencies, professional organizations and schools in order to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Participates in recruitment and selection research projects and recommends changes to the process to increase attraction and attention of applicants.
- Attends job fairs and other community and professional recruiting events so as to develop high job applicant flow and to develop additional sources of qualified candidates.
- Provides hiring manager with interview guides to best prepare for interviews.
Recruitment and Selection
- Recruits and selects candidates to fit the job profile and culture of the organization.
- Reviews applications and resumes in order to determine which applicants have the proper qualifications for the job.
- Conducts interviews to evaluate applicants and refers qualified candidates to the hiring manager.
- Assesses job candidates' past performances to understand their skills, knowledge and attributes as predictors of job success.
- Follows through on all resumes and applications to ensure that proper correspondence is sent to applicants; maintains resume and application database.
- Ensures that reference investigations are completed on each job candidate, which includes a background check on previous employers.
- Communicates with candidates not selected for roles to courteously advise them that they are no longer being considered.
- Extends offers of employment to selected candidates and notifies Human Resources staff of all new-hires so that hiring paperwork can be generated.
- Ensures that applicant records and statistics are properly maintained.
- Ensures that all phases of the employment process are in full, legal compliance.
- Tracks effectiveness of sourcing methods, cost per hire, budgets, etc. and makes recommendations on continuous improvement efforts.
- Monitors time to fill and quality of hire metrics developing strategies for continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, or other related discipline required; Five years related experience in recruiting. Working knowledge of recruiting practices and policies.
Language Skills Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to build relationships and influence hiring decisions.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience with Microsoft Office Suite and be proficient knowledge of applicant tracking systems, social networking sites, and job boards.