Our customers rely on our stores for everything from a pint of milk to tonight’s evening meal. The role of the store team is to make sure our customers receive a friendly and efficient service at all times.
As a Store Manager you’ll have full accountability of managing, leading and developing the team whilst maximising store performance.
- Set operational objectives and performance standards by owning and developing a store plan to deliver a safe, legal and high-performing business
- Translate and role model customer service expectations into activity to ensure that the team deliver an exceptional customer experience setting us apart from our competitors
- Own and deliver a succession plan to ensure the continued and sustainable growth of the business through our people
- Identify business opportunities and deliver performance across all operational KPI’s to optimise EBITDA
- Drive the promotion of Southern Co-op by actively engaging with and supporting local organisations and the community to create a unique point of difference
Key Experience, Knowledge and Skills;
- Previous management experience within a food retail or similar fast-paced operation
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness and business planning skills
- Committed to achieving and sustaining exceptional customer service standards
- Proven people management skills
- Adept at communicating and influencing at all levels
- Committed to promoting collaborative working
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a positive attitude
- Personal Licence Holder (or able to obtain and hold a licence within 16 weeks of appointment).
- Committed to develop own skills and apply learning to improve own performance
- Full UK Driving Licence
What we can offer you
We recognise people are at the heart of our business. We encourage development and progression from within, and we work hard to create opportunities through initiatives like our management training programme, giving colleagues the scope to accelerate their careers.
If you love the pace of retail and providing great customer service, as well as a sense of personal achievement in developing your people, then this could be the career for you. In return, we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes a generous bonus, pension and colleague discount scheme.