Job Title: Painter/Furnace Operator
Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: £25,700.94 on a two shift pattern at 12.5% shift premium
Location: Sheffield, UK
Are you a skilled Painter/Furnace Operator with experience working to precision within a highly technical engineering industry?
Our clients, a South Yorkshire based leading international aerospace & automotive manufacturer, are looking for an immediate start engineer who will be responsible for the preparation and painting of aerospace parts following standard operating procedures (SOPs) to achieve this. The role will also develop into working on the air furnaces where full training will be given where required. Both of these must be completed to efficient standards in a safe, timely and professional manner.
Duties and responsibilities:
- You are required to work to Standard Operations Procedures (SOP's) and customer specifications to produce conforming components for customers
- Set up and operate painting equipment to defined parameters
- To have the ability to understand and interpret Technical drawings and execute operations in accordance with written instructions
- Maintain written testing/production records
- To carry out operations to NADCAP and AS9100 standards
- Review routers, data cards, procedures, specifications, and any other instructions for completeness to perform the operation
- Autonomous maintenance kept up to date
- Use the correct tools and equipment for the operation or work, including relevant safety equipment and protective clothing provided
- To continually seek to improve existing working practices and exceed targets and standards set
- To behave in a way that is consistent with the organisation's competencies and the expectations for the role through:
- Complying with organisational policies, procedures and working practices
- Complying with Company Health & Safety standards by developing a personal concern for the safety of themselves and others.
- Report to work on time, follow instructions from supervisor or management, interact well co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Other duties as assigned, requested, or needed.
- 5 GCSE's A-C inc. Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Apprentice time served - desirable
- 2 years or more painting experience in Aerospace/engineering environment or equivalent - Essential
- Experience operating furnaces - Desirable
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly team working - Essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to achieve deadlines consistently
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- High self-motivation and determination to succeed
What will make you stand out:
- Quality conscious.
- Be able to work accurately in a busy environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings.
- Excellent team work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively and use own initiative.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated individual.
For more information, please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy