REGIONAL MANAGER -- APARTMENTS
We are looking for a successful Regional Manager with experience managing multiple properties (1000+ units) for a portfolio in the Los Angeles/Hollywood area. If you are a proven, successful leader with a history of getting results and driving business forward while maintaining operational excellence, this position is for you.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Overall accountability for all operations of the properties.
• Providing management expertise and support to assure that the properties operate efficiently and profitably. Identifying, establishing, and prioritizing property needs, guiding the staff to meet all goals.
• Maintaining a high occupancy level through effective motivation of on-site staffs; keeping informed of market conditions; understanding competitive pricing; proposing market rent changes; and utilizing appropriate marketing resources.
• Ensuring that maintenance standards are achieved including the overall condition of the properties, common areas, vacant units, etc. Supervising and inspecting the work of outside vendors to ensure that their performance meets Anza's standards. Managing various property inspections including city inspections, HUD REAC inspections, etc.
• Establishing, directing and achieving financial goals through the setting of operating and capital budgets and forecasting guidelines. Guiding on-site staff to translate budget goals into appropriate action.
• Ensuring that all aspects of accounting, including rent collections, delinquent accounts, expenditures, and purchasing are all within operating or capital budgetary guidelines and in accordance with company policy.
• Monitoring the use of the property management software and the daily flow of paperwork including data entry, reports, deposits, leases, etc. ensuring their accuracy and promptness.
• Developing motivated management, leasing and maintenance teams through effective personnel management. Setting and communicating clear standards and guiding staff so they strive for efficiency, fairness and consistency, meeting their full potential. Managing performance issues effectively.
• Meeting with owners and owner's representatives, upper management, support departments (accounting, personnel, property management services) on a regular basis to communicate property issues.
• Having a complete working knowledge of tenant/landlord laws governing rental residential property. Handling special problems which arise from time to time in the area of resident-landlord relations.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• Minimum of 3 years experience in multi-site apartment management (Class B and C properties).
• Good written and verbal communication skills -- interviewing skills, ability to interact effectively with staff, management, residents, prospects, vendors.
• Strong financial aptitude and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of budgets, financial statements, expense control, legal procedures pertaining to leases, violations of covenants, rental agreement terms and conditions, fair housing regulations, tenant-landlord laws, general maintenance, landscape, other physical property issues; and other property/management/real estate related skills.
• Proficiency with Property Management Software Platforms (Yardi preferred) and strong Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must be able to physically inspect all assigned properties to determine their condition.
• Full literacy in English and ability to write clear reports and correspondence.
• Bilingual English / Spanish helpful.
• Ability to travel within the assigned service area and have and maintain a valid California driver's license and auto insurance.
• Bachelors degree in Business or related field helpful.
This position offers a competitive salary based on experience, health benefits, company cell phone & mileage allowance.
Send your resume to: #removed#
Please include in the subject line "Regional Manager"
Company considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements EEOC/FEHC Laws. Company abides by all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws, including EEOC/FEHC laws.
Nothing in this job posting guarantees employment.
Anza Management Company, founded in 1975, provides complete property management services to owners of income properties. We are headquartered in Newport Beach and manage properties throughout Southern California, Nevada and Arizona.
Role: Regional Manager for Apartments
Location: Van Nuys,
Apply for this job now.