A cook is responsible for preparing and cooking various food items according to recipes and for observing and enforcing strict requirements with regard to food safety. The job includes sautéing, poaching, baking, grilling, and sauce preparation, as well as working with broilers, fryers, grills, ovens and stove-top cooking.
Our benefits include free, hot and healthy meals daily and 401K with company match! Medical, dental and vision insurance is also available if you would like to enroll. These benefits will start on the first day of the month following your 60th day of employment.
HOW TO APPLY: While we welcome your interest in our position on Indeed, in order to be considered an applicant and/or candidate for this position, you MUST fill out an official application on our website. Please copy and paste this link into your web browser to get started: #
This position starts out at $16.90 per hour and you will be paid weekly.
- 5:00 AM - 1:30 PM
- 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
- Part Time 5:00 AM - 1:30 PM
- Part Time 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
We are now hiring for Cooks to work in our flight kitchen located at the Los Angeles International airport. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreements. You will need to remain flexible in your shift and days off, as we may be required to change your schedule from time to time to meet production needs, requirements of the industry, or to accommodate a shift bid in accordance with the union contract.
Job Specific Requirements:
- At least 2 years of experience cooking in a high volume institutional catering environment
- Read, write and follow food specifications and menu guidelines in English
- Pay the one-time union initiation fee of $676.00. This amount will be broken down into payments
- Pay the monthly union dues of $42.25. This amount will be deducted automatically from your paycheck the first pay period of the month and starts 60 days after your first day on the job.
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
- Work overtime when required
- Arrive at work on-time
- Handle fish, beef, pork, poultry, shellfish and other food products
- Follow written food specifications and menu guidelines
- Handle knives and kitchen tools properly
- Complete paperwork
- Communicate with Supervisors and co-workers
- Follow directions
- Work as a member of a team
- Culinary degree or cooking certification preferred
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
Gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity copy and paste the following URL into your web browser:#.
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.