Scaffold Builder / Carpenter
Main Industries has been serving the marine and industrial market for over 40 years. Beginning as a premiere marine coatings company, Main has grown into a multi-craft industry leader in marine and industrial scaffolding and access in addition to its decades of experience in marine and industrial surface prep and coatings.
Main is hiring for full-time Scaffold Builders / Carpenters.
As a scaffold builder/carpenter, you will take direction from the foreman and lead builder for the erection, dismantling and modification of the scaffolding. This is an "on tools" position. This is a physically demanding job, with year-round exposure to the outside elements, that will require proven experience and knowledge of pin-lock scaffolding, tube and clamp, and carpentry.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Three (3) years' experience as a scaffold builder/carpenter
- Erect, dismantle, and modify scaffold per project scope
- Climb scaffolds and work at heights while abiding by company/customer/OSHA procedures for working at heights
- 100% time off all the time while erecting, dismantling or modifying scaffolds.
- Carry scaffold components from lay down area to erection location
- Assist the lead builder in the safe scaffold erection, dismantle and modification.
- Perform scaffolding duties in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and plans
- Knowledge and experience building both ground-based scaffolds and hanging scaffolds with pin-lock and tube and clamp
- Creating a material pick list and submitting to the Asset Management team for fulfillment
- Measuring, cutting, and installation of plywood and wood framing.
- Knowledge and experience of industrial machinery and equipment
Job Type: Full-time, hourly
Required experience: Three years (3) experience as a scaffold erector
- Must be at least 18 years' old
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment confined spaces and working at heights
- Forklift training/certification a plus (additional training will be required once hired for those using a forklift)
- All candidates must submit to drug testing and E-Verification of their right to work in the US
- A criminal background check will be required
- NCCER Qualifications is a plus
- Current TWIC badge a plus
- Reliable transportation a must
No overtime is guaranteed, but some projects do require overtime. This could be more than 40 hours during the normal Monday Friday work week, work on the weekends or both. Some projects do have a night shift. You will be expected to be at work on all days/nights assigned.
In addition to competitive pay, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with Main. Benefits subject to employment eligibility.
- Vacation Pay
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental and vision plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) savings plan
Main Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)Job Posted by ApplicantPro