The Compliance Analyst role is responsible for daily oversight and coordination of specific compliance functions and must be able to address multiple compliance disciplines.
- Develop and communicate Company expectations to internal and external customers relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Meet statutory reporting obligations within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Develop, enhance, distribute and maintain business processes and procedures within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Develop and implement appropriate measures of internal and external compliance within areas of responsibility.
- Maintain relationships with various state insurance departments and other regulatory bureaus/entities relative to areas of responsibility.
- Research and analyze unique requirements resulting from new clients, new products, or changes in insurance regulations.
- Develop processes necessary for the Company and internal and external customers to remain compliant with new regulatory compliance requirements.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to analyze business needs and translate these into clearly defined action items.
- Work independently with minimal management input.
- Must be willing to learn new things and take on new responsibilities.
- Research and analysis of regulations, statutes and case law across 50 states.
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent timelines/tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and direct compliance issues to appropriate channels for investigation and resolution.
- Maintain a “big picture” perspective and be aware of the impact of change on both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance helpful.
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory compliance helpful.
- Project management experience helpful.
- General knowledge of the insurance industry helpful.
- Knowledge of NAIC annual statement lines of business helpful.
- Five to seven years of business experience in a professional office environment required.
Come and join State National Companies, an innovative, dynamic leader in the U.S. insurance industry. Reach your highest potential in a business environment that rewards excellence and hard work. Receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a 401K plan, vacation time and an employee wellness program. Work for a publicly traded company with a 40-year track record of growth and a culture that encourages you to think creatively and continually raise the bar.
Role: Compliance Analyst
Apply for this job now.