Direct Hire / 1st Shift
$55,000 per year
Summary of Position
This position will manage all purchasing. Execute policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities under the direction of Senior Management. Work closely with vendors in negotiating prices, supply contracts and agreements both nationally and internationally. Compile and analyze statistical data to determine the feasibility and the timing of purchasing products and to establish price objectives. The Purchasing Manager will also ensure Purchasing’s conformance to IATF16949 Standards. This position is focused on all production /operational purchasing activities and does not handle any MRO purchasing activities.
- Build and manage relationships with key suppliers building effective partnerships and ensuring performance to contracts.
- Lead in identifying and developing new suppliers in support of expanding business needs ensuring positive terms, pricing, and delivery schedules.
- Validate and approve all new suppliers
- Qualify vendors as per IATF16949 and MIOSHA safety standards.
- Support strong teamwork within Operations through continuous communication, timely ordering, and regular follow-up with suppliers to ensure purchased materials and parts arrive in time to meet production commitments.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and issue purchase orders in accordance with the company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Evaluate supplier performance, including follow up on or escalation of any supplier performance issues to the Director of Operations.
- Track purchasing activity and measurements to business plan.
- Monitor production activity against purchased parts and follow up to ensure timing of purchased materials and parts are meeting production commitments.
- Actively participate as part of operations team to make continuous improvements in the areas of purchasing, planning, scheduling & shipping
- Collect and share market intelligence across the organization.
- Various other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 10 plus years of purchasing/procurement experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably within a IATF16949 certified facility
- 4 years of successful experience in strategic sourcing with Mexico based purchasing a plus.
- Proven track record of successful implementation of annual cost savings through negotiation, supplier VAVE, product redesign and effective supplier development/resourcing efforts.
- Direct experience with procurement of plastic raw materials as well as components and hardware.
- Demonstrated negotiation abilities
- Proven verbal and written communications skills
- A history of strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within and influence cross-functional teams.
Since 2003, CSSI has grown from a neighborhood staffing provider to a $100 million national firm. We employ thousands of people at hundreds of companies across the country.
For short-term temporary needs, a large volume of employees for a project, or a critical professional hire, our dedicated staffing industry experts will conduct targeted searches to identify top talent for your administrative, clerical, light industrial and transportation positions.
Our Staffing Consultants combine deep-seated knowledge of staffing industry best practices with an entrepreneurial management style to meet your workforce needs. We uphold the American Staffing Association Code of Ethics while striving to further the success of the clients we serve.
A woman-owned enterprise, widely respected as a diversity vendor, the company also proudly supports activities and events in the communities where we work and live. Our process is high-tech, but our practice is high-touch.
While CSSI Transportation has offices coast to coast, we pride ourselves on our local, friendly service. Our staffing consultants combine deep-seated staffing industry best practices with home town support. If you're seeking a position in finance and accounting, office and professional or a position in manufacturing or distribution, our recruitment experts will work with you to help find your next great career Whether you are seeking a temporary position, temp to hire, or a direct hire opportunity, our dedicated team of staffing professionals is here to help you! Awarded the Best of Staffing by Inavero, Cornerstone puts 7 people to work every hour! Contact us today to make the next hour yours!
Join us at:
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
Role: Materials Buyer
Apply for this job now.