Nelson & Pope is an established multi-disciplined civil engineering and surveying firm located in Melville, NY. Nelson & Pope is seeking entry and mid-level motivated professionals to fulfill a variety of civil engineering duties in the Transportation, Site Development and Sanitary Departments.
- Preparation of detailed design, permit and construction drawings, along with specifications and estimate;
- Complete technical and design report documents;
- Assist with the preparation of Proposals;
- Occasional on-site observations to assist inspection staff;
- Attend meetings with clients and regulatory agencies.
- 3-7 years’ minimum experience in civil/site projects;
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications;
- Proficient in AutoCAD, knowledge of Civil3D is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills;
- Self -starter and ability to work as part of a team.
We provide employees with competitive salaries and a benefits package which includes health insurance, vacation and holidays. Our firm welcomes candidates that may qualify under the requirements of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Section 3. We are a progressive company offering challenging work, career advancement, and a supportive, energetic work environment. Our firm has a reputation for innovation, an impressive list of customers and a commitment to professional development of our employees, we have a vision for the future that holds excitement, growth, technical challenges and opportunities for our staff.
Nelson & Pope is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Role: Civil Engineer
Apply for this job now.