*Full-time assistant needed for small family practice with room for growth! 36-40 hours per week + PTO and flexible scheduling
Dental assistant performs a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties but primarily focuses on assisting chair-side as the dentist examines and treats patients. Patient care is central, and incumbent is expected to make patients as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental records.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Reviewing patient's medical history and taking vital measurements
· Preparing and sterilizing instruments, equipment, and operatories
· Instructing patients on post-operative care and maintenance as well as general oral hygiene
· Taking impressions of patients' teeth
· Performing office management tasks, as needed, that may require computer literacy skills
· Communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies) as needed
· Helping to provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and oral surgery
Education & Experience
· Minimum 2 years of chair-side experience
· Current x-ray certification
· Proficiency in impression taking and model pouring/trimming
· Understanding of OSHA reporting policies and requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of dental equipment, instruments and how to handle and maintain them
· Ability to efficiently anticipate, identify, and hand specialty dental equipment to doctor during procedure.
· X-ray operation knowledge
· Understanding of dental anatomy
· Awareness of sanitation and safety regulations
· Knowledge of dental terminology
· Computer literacy
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Tools & Equipment Used
· Digital panoramic and periapical x-ray machine
· Digital and physical charts
· Dental chair and delivery unit
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under dental office conditions which includes bright lighting, loud noises, and sharp instruments as well as long periods spent sitting or standing in extremely close proximity to others. The incumbent may be able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed. Physical demands include ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Nathan D. Oster, DDS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc…
Small but established dental practice that has been in Santa Cruz for 35+ years. Dr. Nathan Oster took over his father's practice and is committed to running a transparent, family oriented practice. Our ideal candidate is someone looking to grow with a practice and treat our patients like family.
Role: Dental Assistant - Chairside
Location: Santa Cruz,
Apply for this job now.