Company: SARGENT ELECTRIC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Sargent Electric Company (#removed#) - Consistently named one of the Top Fastest Growing Companies. Also, Awarded Safety recognition by Specialty Trades Insurance Company for the large company bracket and The Association of Union Constructors! Established in 1907, Sargent Electric Company has since evolved into one of the largest electrical contracting companies in the area, providing comprehensive services to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced UTILITY PROJECT MANAGER in our Lewiston, Maine office. The ideal candidate will provide overall successful management of assigned projects including budgets, schedules, resource and workforce allocation, communication and client satisfaction. This candidate will report directly to the NorthEast Operations Manager.
- Direct supervision of all project assigned supervisory and other management office/staff.
- Provide appropriate guidance and input into the development and updating of all project schedules, job cost and other management reports.
- Review and approve all key job site construction methods and practices.
- Change Management/RFI entry for Utility Division.
- Monitor actual versus budgeted costs to complete forecast and budget adjustments for the Utility Division.
- Enter all budgets, phases, categories and extra's into CE for the entire Utility Division.
- Compare JSRs and WIPs for project completion costs for the entire Utility Division.
- Complete variance reports when projects have write up or write downs.
- Verification of projects ready to be made inactive have no open committed costs, the billing has been complete, etc.
- Approve timesheets.
- Verification of units and billing for Unit Price.
- A/R for Utility Division.
- A/P for assigned projects and others from past team members respectively.
- Assist in yearly budget worksheet.
- Annual and Quarterly Projections.
- Assume any additional duties and responsibilities as delegated by Sargent Electrical Management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Works efficiently under tight timeframes, responds to requests in a timely manner, and communicates effectively as a team player.
- Understands the importance of being able to multi-task.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years' experience in Utility project experience.
- Experience in understanding contracts, client drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to ensure project success.
- Advanced knowledge of all standard electrical systems in Transmission, Distribution and substation construction projects.
- Estimating Software experience.
- Scheduling experience using P6 software.
Powered by JazzHR