Project Controller - Manchester (35601)
- Providing robust project controls for MAG's Capital Plan. Based at Manchester Airport
- Advanced user of Primavera & SAP
- Up to £45k (dependent upon experience) plus bonus and benefits package
MAG is a leading UK airport group and owns and operates three UK airports - Manchester, London Stansted and East Midlands and employs over 6000 people. The Group sees over 58 million passengers flying through its airports every year. MAG also has a substantial property business, with over £525 million of investment property assets across its airports, and has a 50% investment in the £1 billion, 5 million sq ft Airport City development at Manchester Airport. To ensure that our airports and our property portfolio is maintained and developed, our Asset Management team works around the clock to drive asset strategy, capital expenditure planning, engineering services, airport asset development, master planning and capacity planning.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to and influence improvements to a growing department. You might already be working in-house in a similar role, or seeking a move from consultancy to employment.
- Work with multiple Project Managers and Programme Managers as well as managing the consultant supply chain to provide information and reports required to support Programme and Project Control activities and functions.
- Subject matter expert providing Primavera P6 EPPM & SAP Financial application knowledge.
- Accountable for creating and maintaining project budget data including schedules, actuals and forecasts.
- Analysing progress reported against the work schedules and produce reports on projects' progress performance and forecasts.
- Contributing to a number of projects simultaneously where the outputs of this work will be aggregated to provide programme level plans, budgets, schedules, forecasts and reports.
- Work in conjunction with the MAG Supply Chain team and Strategic Programme Management supplier to develop capital expenditure efficiencies from standardisation and work bundling opportunities.
- Responsible for auditing commercial management services and Contractors commercial management to ensure consistent high standards for MAG.
- Knowledge & experience of working with the latest industry scheduling, profile & cost tools, including Primavera & SAP. Demonstrate significant experience in providing both near term & medium term project cash-flow forecasts (12 month rolling). Ability to shape & provide bespoke reports from Primavera.
- Primavera P6 user capability to an advanced / administrator level.
- Technical ability to proficiently update & manipulate the system in order to shape bespoke reports as necessary, whilst maintaining control & governance in line with a robust project delivery system.
- Able to specify the technical environment required for implementation, provide installation support, and integrate with other in-house systems.
- Ability to advise on & carry out the following tasks: Integrating Primavera P6 with other enterprise systems, System Customizations, Primavera P6 custom report writing, Ability to transfer data from previous Primavera P6 versions & Data migrations from other systems (MS Project etc).
- Membership of (or working towards) RICS or equivalent qualification (ICE, IMechE or IEE)
- Project Management foundation qualification as recognised by RICS, ICE, IMechE or IEE.
- A background in a commercial role (Quantity Surveying etc.) is preferred, as well as experience in delivering complex multi-stakeholder projects & programmes of work to tight regulatory deadlines.
What we offer:
We are offering a competitive salary of up to £45k (dependent upon experience) plus bonus and benefits package.
MAG are a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.
Role: Project Controller - Manchester
Job Type: Permanent
Location: City, Manchester,
Apply for this job now.