We are a large scale farming operation in Carpinteria looking for a Human Resources manager with experience in agri-business.
A. GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Managing all aspects of Human Resources including but not limited to Hiring, Health Insurance Plan Administration, Workers Compensation Insurance policies and claims, Compensation, Safety, Time and Attendance system management.
· Recruiting, hiring, and orientation of all new employees
· Pre-employment procedures, including I-9 verifications, reference checking and related documentation
· Health insurance plan annual renewal, employee enrollment, communication with carrier and employees, and COBRA processing
· Management of employees’ personnel files
· Management of and first point of contact for employee complaints
· Management of employee performance improvement interventions
· Handling and documentation of all employee terminations
· Administration of time an attendance program, including integration with Payroll
· Administration of all Federal & State Leaves such as FMLA, PDL/CFRA, PFL, Disability, etc.
· Management of compliance program for H.R. and employee safety policies, postings, etc.
· Administration of workers’ compensation claims.
B. SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· 5+ years of experience in human resources, including management roles in an agri-business setting
· Working knowledge of current Federal and State employment and labor laws and experience working with legal counsel
· Computer skills including Microsoft Word & Excel
· Benefits plan management experience
· Bilingual in Spanish & English
· Formal education in Human Resources
Role: Human Resources Manager
Apply for this job now.