SightMD is a well established, growing Ophthalmology practice seeking a full time Ophthalmic Technician in our Manhattan office. Hours for this position may vary. Applicants must have flexibility to work within our hours of operation, which range from 7am-7pm, Monday-Sunday. Those that have scribing capabilities are encouraged to apply. There is room for growth and development for top performers. The applicant will be responsible for daily patient care and flow of clinic activities. It is preferable but not required that the applicant has an understanding of ophthalmic practice and/or patient care. Knowledge of medical instrumentation and its proper care is also desirable. Assessing common safety hazards and taking precautions to establish a safe work environment is required. Candidates must be able to communicate professionally with patients, co-workers, managers and physicians. Those who wish to excel in this position must be dependable and embody a friendly, customer service demeanor. Strong time management skills and adaptability are additional valued traits.
• Promptly and professionally assist the doctor in patient care
• Performing technical workups, patient histories and testing
• Maintain and clean all equipment being used
• Returning phone calls to patients, pharmacies, other medical practices in a timely manner
• Scribe as needed
• Assist in minor surgery
• Accurately performs: refractions, tonometry, visual fields, topography, OCT, IOL Master/Ascans, B-Scans, fundus photos, wavescans and any other related testing
• Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
• Keep supplies ready by conducting inventory of stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Successful completion of JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) preferred but not required.
• Experience in the medical field and understanding of terminology preferred but not required.
SightMD comprises two divisions, North Shore Eye Care and Long Island Eye Surgical Care. These practices merged in 2016 to provide more comprehensive care to patients, making the highest quality eye services available to all residents of Long Island. The vision of CEO Jeffrey Martin, M.D., and President John Passarelli, M.D., was to join the two best ophthalmology practices in the region in order to create the best practice on the Eastern seaboard. Our commitment to excellence has allowed us to become the official LASIK provider of the New York Mets. Athletes’ careers may hinge on the acuity of their vision, and they entrust us with their eyesight because they know that we consistently provide exceptional care.
All of our practices are aligned, and our team of doctors practices all sub-specialties in-house, allowing us to achieve a continuity of care. We believe that an enduring doctor-patient relationship is at the heart of good treatment, and we seek to build and maintain lifelong relationships.
Role: Ophthalmic Technician - Manhattan 10016
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.