Company: THE GARDENER'S CENTER AND FLORIST
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Gardener's Center and Florist has been in business for almost 40 years! Now in it's second generation, it is a community mainstay that was built on and sustained by excellent personal service and exceptional plant material. We have been helping local gardeners for decades and grateful to continue the tradition.
Are you driven? Would you love to work in a beautiful environment? Are you interested in expanding your knowledge of plants? Do you enjoy helping others? We'd love to hear from you!
***Previous experience in a field of plant care is required***
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer service and sales
- Register functions
- Price and stock inventory
- Assist in receiving merchandise
- Read and learn about product lines carried
- General clean-up: sweeping, dusting, washing windows etc.
- Answering the phone in a professional manner
Education, Prior Work Experience and Skills
- Previous experience in plant care or landscaping required
- Love of plants and gardening!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years register/POS use
- Two years retail sales employment
- Good communication skills, ability to follow directions, great customers service skills
- Self-motivated and personable
- Outgoing and willing to greet customers upon entry
- Responsible and reliable
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand for a major portion of the day
- Ability to lift 40lbs
Compensation (Full-time associates)
- Medical, dental and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Employee discount
- Hourly rate will commensurate with experience