Serves as the academic leader and manages the administrative functions of a single or multiple programs. Responsibilities generally include course scheduling, faculty development and evaluation, development and implementation of operational procedures, student management and retention, and special projects. Serves as leader to program instructors and sets tone for overall quality, community involvement, and performance results of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advising Students - Responsible for developing and sustaining student relationships through participation in student orientations and through providing proper counseling, coaching, mentoring, scheduling, and advisement.
- Supervising Instructors - Participate in hiring, training, instructor orientations, mentoring program instructors; provide faculty development and in-services opportunities; and, provide growth opportunities for teaching methodologies.
- Supporting Operations - Monitor student attendance, grades, retention, academic metrics, program budget, classroom observations, instructor evaluations, and provide actionable information to the Dean, Campus President, and Corporate Academics.
- Teaching Classes - Responsible for teaching courses as prescribed by the academic staffing guidelines.
- Ensuring Compliance - Responsible for adherence to accreditor criteria, programmatic accreditor criteria, and corporate and college policies and procedures.
- Reviewing Curriculum - Participates in program and curriculum review and development.
- Supporting Program Enrollment - Provide product knowledge to admissions quarterly and interview applicants as requested.
- Supporting Graduates - Provide Career Services and the Campus President with the type and number of externship requirements and manage the placement and supervision of students in the externships.
- Supporting Campus Events - Attend campus/corporate events.
- Other Duties As Assigned - Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Provide strong leadership and management of overseeing program.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- A track record of delivering successful results.
- Ability to effectively utilize technology (eg. CampusVue, MS Office, electronic email, electronic calendar).
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to clearly define actionable information.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited institution
- Must have one of the following certifications: LP or RT and possess a CDPH-RHB license from the California Dept. of Public Health;
- AND has a minimum of 3 years of practical / field experience as a Limited Permit X-ray Technician or Radiologic Technologist
Would you like to work for one of the most progressive companies in the career education industry? Are you excited about giving committed students the skills they need to be successful? Then consider joining us at Brightwood.
Brightwood College is an institution of higher education dedicated to providing quality programs that integrate curriculum with professional skill development, empowering students to achieve their lifelong personal and professional goals.
Brightwood helps students reach their educational goals by teaching the communication skills necessary to work successfully with clients and other professionals, offering courses designed to prepare students to successfully participate in society, providing students with the opportunity to gain the knowledge necessary to succeed in a competitive job market, and encouraging students to become involved in professional organizations that promote their learning and professional skills.
We keep education relevant by employing staff and instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure students studies align with their career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Role: Program Director - X-Ray Technician/Back Office Medical Assistant
Apply for this job now.