Nigel Wright are delighted to be supporting a local manufacturing business, with a global parent organisation, in their search for a Financial Controller to join their team.
The Financial Controller will report into the Head of Finance and have responsibility for managing the finance team on a day to day basis, therefore, proven man-management experience is essential. You'll oversee capital/fixed asset reporting, costing, transactional processing, VAT, stock, WIP and commercial finance activities.
Your direct remit will including monthly management accounts, undertaking monthly and quarterly reporting to the parent company, FX reporting, inter-comopany/transfer pricing, project cost analysis, balance sheet & P&L responsibility, VAT/EC Sales/Intrastat returns, co-ordination of the annual budget and liaison with external partners i.e. auditors, etc.
- You must be a reasonably recently qualified (in the last 5 years) accountant - ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Proven man-management experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with your non finance colleagues
- Continuous improvement ethos / demonstrable experience
- Experience of leading on project management would be ideal, but not necessary
- Strong technical finance expertise
This is an excellent development opportunity for the new incumbent.
Role: Financial Controller
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North East
Apply for this job now.