ABC Teachers, part of TES, is seeking a Intervention Teacher at a highly successful SEN Primary School in Birmingham. The role is to begin as soon as possible until Christmas, the chosen candidate will be working with different classes from nursery to year 6 whom are vertically streamed on ability.
About the role:
- Full time role on a short term basis until Christmas starting as soon as possible
- Teaching classes between nursery and year 6 with a strong emphasis on learning through play. A variety of therapies are delivered to these children such as rebound, TAC PAC, physio and many more. PECS (Picture Exchange Communication system) and Makaton trained is highly desirable
- A number of students will have severe learning difficulties and may have a range of additional needs such as; challenging behaviour, speech, language and communication difficulties and complex medical needs. Sensory approach to teaching will be vital
- Shall be given PPA time to plan and will be teaching in small groups with teaching assistants
About the school:
- The school caters for primary aged children with sever and complex learning difficulties
- Easily accessible from North, Central and South Birmingham
- · The schoolare committed to ensuring the best possible education for our pupils and maintain strong community links.
- The school aims to provide all children with an immersive, exciting and collaborative quality of education.
- Have strong communications skills with the ability to quickly built rapport with students
- Suitable qualifications such as PGCE/Bachelor of Education degree. PECS (Picture Exchange Communication system) and Makaton trained is highly desirable
- Have previous experience working with children and young people with Special Education Needs and Disabilities which we can reference
- Able to obtain suitable references and a DBS check
About ABC Teachers:
- A leading education company in partnership with TES
- Excellent rates of pay paid by our in-house payroll team using the PAYE (pay as you earn) system
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to ensure you receive the pay and working conditions you are entitled to as an agency worker
- FREE career professional development and guidance through your education career
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV via this website as soon as possible and we will be in touch.
If you would like to find out more information about the role, please call Fiona on 0121 481 2230.
To register with ABC Teachers or keep up to date with similar positions we have available, please visit the ABC Teachers or TES Website. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.
PLEASE NOTE: due to COVID-19, we are currently completing interviews and registrations online via secure web rooms. The technology we have put into place ensures that we can move forward with your application, ready for September.