If you're looking for a Customer Service Apprenticeship, join us in Greenock
- You’ll be the first point of support for our personal banking customers in one of our telephony banking teams
- We’ll look to you to deliver excellent service to our customers, keeping their needs and financial goals in mind at all times
- You’ll be educating customers in the different ways they can do their banking and supporting them in choosing the options that work best for them
- You’ll earn a Level 3 Financial Services Customer Apprenticeship with a Professional Banker Certificate and build on your existing skills with a full training programme
- We’ll start you on a competitive salary of £18,765 (pro rata for hours worked)
What you'll do
In this role you’ll be applying your customer service expertise when dealing with and referring customer queries. Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day banking transactions like paying bills, or helping our customers identify products and services that are right for them; you’ll be on the other end of the phone to take their calls. ?
As a Customer Service Apprentice, we’ll count on you to let our customers know their options when banking with us, so they can make informed choices.
You’ll be helping our customers by:
- Making a positive impact on every customer call, efficiently and effectively having the right conversations to meet their needs
- Problem solving and building excellent relationships over the telephone, and providing a friendly, timely and professional service
- Improving processes and procedures to maximise customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of the financial products and services
As an Apprentice, you’ll gain fantastic insight and experience in this role, and you’ll be opening new career opportunities as we’ll support you to achieve your Level 3 in Financial Services Customer Apprenticeship.
The skills you'll need
It would be ideal if you can provide evidence of your grade A-C or Level 4, Maths and English GCSE or equivalent results, but this is not essential. If you didn’t manage to achieve the grades or can’t provide evidence of your qualifications , we’ll help you to obtain them during your apprenticeship.
Dedication and passion for helping customers is vital. You’ll be a real people person, with excellent listening and communication skills.
We’re also looking for you to demonstrate:
- The determination to go the extra mile for our customers every day to provide that truly personal service
- Great listening skills to understand the needs of the customer, along with the ability to empathise with your customer’s situation and remain calm under pressure
- The ability to handle large volumes of calls and achieve quality results while maintaining high levels of detail
- Good numerical and organisational skills
- The determination to take ownership of your career, learning and developing new skills
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible and work a rotating shift pattern.
Your hours of work will be between the hours of 9am and 10pm Monday to Saturday. You'll be required to work either a Saturday or a Sunday each week and bank holiday working is a feature of this role.
We’ll discuss your hours in more detail during the interview stage.
In addition, you’ll:
- Earn a competitive salary as you learn through on the job training
- Receive support from your buddy as you study towards a professional qualification through a structured online learning and development programme
The Apprenticeship programme is open to people of any background who are the age of 16 and over. It’s a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
Apprenticeship opportunities are designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful in the role. There needs to be the potential for the significant development of capabilities and competence during the programme for you to be eligible. You won’t be able to join the programme if you have the same or equivalent qualification, or work experience at a similar level in a similar field. This may include a related apprenticeship, a university degree or a role in which you may have developed similar skills.
We’ll carry out an eligibility check as part of the application process.
How we'll reward you
Salary - £18,765 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £18,765 (which is £10.31 per hour) and in addition you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days (pro rata for hours worked) – you may be required to work bank holidays.
Role: Telephone Customer Service
Job Type: Permanent , Full Time
Location: Greenock, POST-LNK,
Apply for this job now.