If you're a scrappy and customer-obsessed person who wants to help build an industry-changing business from the ground up - keep reading, we need you.
Vori is a marketplace in hyper-growth mode, empowering food retailers (think grocery stores, convenience stores, bodegas) to discover and replenish products from thousands of wholesalers so that their communities have access to the food they love (think B2B Instacart). Our retailer customers include everyone from Safeway and CVS properties to local corner stores. A few facts to get you excited about us:
- We launched just over a year ago, doing $36M+ in GMV, and we're live in 285+ locations (we've 12x'd since April 2020)
- We've recently partnered with the U.S.'s second largest natural food distributor (with plans to add more soon)
- We're growing rapidly 30% month over month, 100% retention on paid accounts, and we make money with a cut of each order
- Our technical founding team has backgrounds from SpaceX, Google, Instagram, Slack, and the White House. Our founding go-to-market team hails from tech leaders such as LinkedIn, Lyft, and Uber
- The parents of our CEO, Brandon Hill, have been in grocery for 40+ years and their experience grounds our passion and vision
- We're backed by Greylock Partners, Y Combinator, South Park Commons, Village Global, as well as founders from Instacart and DoorDash, plus product executives from Airbnb, Pinterest, Albertson's/Safeway, and even some early Vori customers
- Check out our website #removed#, and our new product video, here
Your role: Operations Specialist
You'd be a foundational member of the team, helping build out our operations machine while keeping it well-oiled. This role works closely with Vori's sales, operations, growth, and expansion teams to ensure our new and existing customers are getting a world-class experience.
What to expect in the next 6-12 months
- Support onboarding operations for new customers across the Bay Area. Balance project management with customer service to get stores active and using Vori in a timely manner.
- Own onboarding process improvements - we need to perpetually grow and scale, so we'll lean on you to identify and act on areas of improvement.
- Manage customer support across our existing Bay Area retailers, creating scaleable ways to serve an ever-growing group while maintaining impeccable service.
- Sell, sell, sell to both new and existing retailers. Know Vori's magic like the back of your hand, and help us evangelize the rest of Northern California with it.
- Collaborate across functions to ensure our product, engineering, and design teams are always in touch with the latest customer pain points and operational learnings.
What our customers have to say
- Help build out and manage a team of local Vori ambassadors (part-time and full-time) who will be our eyes and ears in the field.
- Own operations in other regions across the state and country, as Vori experiences its inevitable exponential growth.
- Transition into a leadership role when the time is right. We don't know what the business will look like 12 or 24 months from now - only that the step-up opportunities will be endless.
And as an early employee, youll have a huge say in defining our culture and what its like to work here. Youll also have uncapped opportunities for progression, learning, and exposure to different areas of the business.
Our team is bonded by our passion for technology and grocery. Were a radically diverse and internationally distributed team of foodies who take pride in building products that make measurable differences in local economies. Right now, that means replacing the old-school, pen & paper ordering processes to help local grocers compete in the age of Amazon. We hail from innovative companies like SpaceX, Facebook, Whole Foods, Slack, Airbnb, Lyft, and Uber.
- Must be located in SF/Bay Area.
- Need access to a car for frequent customer visits - Vori will cover costs associated with mileage accrued via business.
- Proficient in the GSuite (GSheets, GDocs, GSlides) and Excel.
- Alignment with Vori values. Check out our guiding tenets here.
- Customer-obsession: grocery doesn't sleep, so we work long hours to build the world-class products that our amazing retailers and vendors deserve
Were working hard to create a working environment where people feel empowered to do their very best work, make a significant impact, and enjoy what they do.
The Vori essentials:
- A competitive salaryreviewed regularly to make sure youre always getting what you deserve
- Meaningful pre-Series A share options (youll own a part of Vori and share in our success)
- Free specialty foods provided by our stores and wholesalers: tea, wine, snacks, and beyond
- Healthcare, vision, dental, and mental health coverage
- Childcare stipend
- Monthly digital team bonding via Airbnb Experiences
- And much, much more