Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Do you have experience in Mechanical and / or Electronic Engineering? Do you have experience in a field or office based service role? Do you have extensive knowledge of mechanical, electrical and software based products? Do you have a good level of academic achievement? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly experienced team of people and company.
The Field Service Engineer will play a key role in supporting the businesses customers and worldwide distributors through service, calibration and technical assistance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out visits to Customer sites for scheduled service, calibration and training of Optical products.
- Attend to breakdown calls, when required, on Optical products.
- Complete site visit reports, to allow correct processing of Customer orders, via Service Administration.
- Create calibration certificates from recorded data.
- All processes to be completed in line with our ISO9001 procedures.
- Maintain up to date, detailed knowledge and understanding of product portfolio.
- Attend product specific training in Group offices and with Worldwide Suppliers.
- Ensure continuous awareness of product changes / improvements & developments.
- Give expertise, advice, guidance and assistance to customers when requested.
- Receive, answer and resolve service questions when required.
- Foster client relationships on an ongoing basis.
- Liaise with other departments and external contacts as required.
- Support effective cross-departmental working for business efficiency.
- Attend Exhibitions / Trade Shows for build and breakdown.
Delivery of Role:
- Ensure full commitment & highest possible standard of service in the delivery of the role and responsibilities at all times.
- Ensure the highest regard to means of interaction and communication with fellow employees / colleagues, customers, suppliers or the general public at all times.
Fairness and Dignity at Work:
Actively comply with the Group's Managing Diversity Policy to assist in eliminating discrimination and in maintaining a fair, positive and productive working environment, to meets statutory obligations and good employment practice.
Health & Safety at Work
Ensure full responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of employees and any other persons who are under their control, including the allocation of necessary resources, both in terms of time and finances, to enable employees to carry out their roles safely.
- Experience in Mechanical and / or Electronic Engineering.
- Experience in a field or office based service role.
- Wide knowledge of mechanical, electrical and software based products.
- Good level of academic achievement.
Skills and Behaviours
- Ability to impart training to a varied audience.
- Able to work proactively, independently and flexibly.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent work ethic with a 'can-do will-do' attitude.
- Approachable, courteous and professional to work in our small team.
- Good planning and personal organization skills, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Proficient PC skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Extensive UK wide visits including overnight stays, with some foreign travel.
- Full Valid UK Driving Licence.
ACS are recruiting for a Field Service Engineer If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Field Service Engineer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Field Service Engineer It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as Field Service Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Field Service Engineer role you desire.
Role: Field Service Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Worcester, West Midlands
Apply for this job now.