Commercial Assistant - £23,000-£24,000- Solihull
SPIE UK, a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, are looking for a Commercial Assistantto provide a competent and efficient support service for the commercial team in respect of invoicing, cash and cost management, forecasting and risk management across the Central Building Services region.
The successful candidate will help SPIE improve its cash management position and minimise debt.
The key responsibilities of a Commercial Assistantinclude, but are not limited to:
- Contract administration and filling, contract cost accrual and allocations, business forecasting and analysis.
- Inputting of GRN's (Good received notices/POD's) onto CPA system.
- Storage, access and control of all documentation relating to M&E Projects in line with SPIE documentation management guidelines.
The key skills and qualities of a Commercial Assistant:
- Commercial team experience is preferable.
- Must be a methodical and process driven individual with experience in a similar role in either a Financial or Procurement environment setting.
- Must have experience in the Construction industry.
- Must have previously worked in supply chain interaction and possess a basic understanding of general accounting duties.
- Must have experience in negotiating and client accounts/buying department interaction.
- Competent use of Microsoft Excel and Word, with previous experience of using Financial System Packages (CPA, Coins, Sage).
SPIE UK is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
SPIE UK's Smart City solutions serve the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.