The primary role of the Account Executive is to build and grow the Credit Union’s membership through Preferred Employer sales contracts to extend financial wellness products, services and use of community facilities within the communities we serve by following the strategic plan and the organization’s overall mission and vision.
Every employee is expected to be committed to the Credit Union philosophy, goals and mission at all times. Furthermore, each department has specific Service Standards staff is required to follow. Being committed in these areas (and more) strengthens our purpose and Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
- Primarily responsible for producing and executing Preferred Employer contract agreements to generate sales of community facilities, new membership, checking, loan, and other products and services to the business and employees and/or customers.
- Regularly engage in offsite sales appointments, business prospecting, networking activities and special events to generate new Preferred Employer contract agreement leads to increase onsite enrollments for product sales and orders of community facility bookings.
- Routinely plan and host preferred Employer open enrollment events onsite at Preferred Employer locations to generate new membership and products sales.
- Generate orders for use of community facilities.
- Prepare formal sales and partnership proposals as they relate to each unique potential Preferred Employer (i.e. product sales, service sales, use of community facilities and financial education and awareness
- Provide and manage reports for production and any other reports instructed by the VP of Marketing and Education).
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Department, particularly Community Outreach Specialist, to identify opportunities for Credit Union growth not only for businesses but also community organizations such as schools, nonprofits, and other charitable organizations.
- Responsible for supporting and coordinating the delivery of relative and valuable financial education to Preferred Employers through facilitation or coordination with the Community Outreach Specialist and third-party Credit Union partners.
- Actively take part in the creation and maintenance of business development marketing materials, resources, and collateral including online and digital.
- Work with branch management to identify business development and new member opportunities within assigned regions for current and potential Preferred Employers.
- Serve as a Credit Union product knowledge and financial education expert, brand ambassador, and stay abreast all marketing promotions, rate changes, policies, procedures and lending guidelines.
- Attend and support assigned marketing events and member financial seminars.
- Attend all operations, lending and other required training related to job function.
- Promote professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy and efficiency in all areas of the credit union.
- Compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and all other regulations, laws and credit uni0n policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to work with and respond to change. A positive attitude and sensitive to the “people helping people” credit union philosophy.
Certificates and Licenses:
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a business development, B2B sales and/or marketing role required OR a Bachelor’s degree with at least 1+ years of aforementioned experience.
Credit union, banking, or financial experience favorable.
Proven relationship building or public speaking experience highly preferred.
Must be computer literate. Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills required (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point). Experience in creative development and video creation software desirable.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
This position includes occasional local travel as well as weekday and weekend hours. A valid Driver’s License is required. Although most events may occur during the standard business work week (Monday - Friday), the Account Executive must be able to work weekends and evenings, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, and have full use hands. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus. The typical work environment is an office setting however, can vary based on outside sales opportunities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Must be able to work business hours Monday - Friday, with availability evenings and weekends as needed.
- Hours and schedule are subject to change.
- Must have access to reliable transportation for attendance at community and business events away from corporate worksite.
- A fun, fast paced work environment
- One of the strongest compensation programs around
- Competitive base annual salary
- Wellness perks
- Retirement Plan-401(k) with up to 5% employer contribution.
- Paid time-off
- Career development opportunities
- Attractive incentive plans and more!
Thank you and Happy Un-Banking!
People’s Trust is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our Careers webpage at:
to be considered for this position.
People's Trust is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Role: Account Executive
Apply for this job now.