The Quality Manager is responsible for managing the activities necessary to assure the quality of the process and product. Additionally he/she will be responsible for assuring that the processes used/identified to produce and control products are within compliance to the applicable regulations. This position interacts with various functional departments to accomplish compliance and implementation of quality goals. The primary responsibilities are for assuring compliance with Quality Assurance activities, resource allocation needed to effect on time and within budget quality assurance activities for supplier, process and product performance. The position manages and directs a group of quality technician inspectors and repair techs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in Hiring, training, developing and managing a team of quality professionals in the pursuit of company goals.
· Lead and ensure that Quality Assurance activities are in compliance with regulations and aligned with company procedures
· Support and coordinate verification, validation activities, process monitoring and test method validation.
· Coordinate calibrations and related activities.
· Manage corrective and preventive actions.
· Maintain quality systems and procedures as identified
· Support any other activities for quality assurance and internal and external inspections or audits.
· Real-time coaching of employees with regards to quality initiatives
· Consistent reinforcement of quality practices throughout the organization
· Assist with standardization and refinement of daily operational processes
· Assist in the creation and delivery of new quality training courses
· Serve as a troubleshooting and escalation resource
· Provide weekly and monthly reporting on activities and accomplishments
· Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns
· Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system
· Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure new product offerings can be supported without sacrificing quality
· Support quality auditors to ensure that products and processes are in compliance
· Conduct audits, document findings and corrective action recommendations, if necessary. Communicate findings with appropriate management in a timely fashion so behaviors can be addressed and corrected
· Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints
· Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc
· Continuously improve QA receiving inspection process and procedures
· Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions
· Manage suppliers' performance and conduct audits
· Previous Quality experience in an ISO certified environment
· Engineering Degree or Background
· 10 + years of experience in quality and manufacturing.
· Strong leadership and people management skills.
· Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a quality organization
· Must be a consummate team player
· Ability to work within a team environment and build relationships both internally and externally.
· Facilitates team efforts on Quality Assurance activities as related to specific projects.
· Ability to deliver, meet deadlines and have results orientation.
· Able to communicate both orally and in written form to multiple levels of the company.
· Microsoft Office Suite, full understanding of QSR/ISO regulations, quality assurance and product testing methods
· Proven ability to direct, build, develop and manage a team of professionals.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must
· Sit/Stand/Walk a good part of your 8 hours/day.
· Ability to use a computer for extended periods.
· Ability to lift and move objects of up to 70 lbs.
From the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico (while capping the oil leak in 2010) or from the top of the world (erecting the Freedom Tower), WE HELP ALL INDUSTRY with better bolting solutions. HYTORC is known throughout the world to be the #1 bolting solution company. Find a Career with the undisputed leader in Industrial Bolting Solutions!
Role: Quality Manager
Apply for this job now.