We are seeking a Project Manager/Senior Project Manager to join our team! This person will be responsible for managing all aspects of construction projects, especially focusing on customer relationships and successful management of project teams.
- Lead project teams including Project Engineers, Project Assistants/Coordinators and other team members
- Use outstanding interpersonal, communication and customer-relations skills in developing and maintaining long-term relationships with clients, architects and subcontractors
- Job planning, job set up, project close out, obtain permits, review and understand plans and specifications, assemble and issue prime contracts, subcontracts and change orders, create and update CPM schedule monthly using MS Project or P6, maintain project logs (RFI’s Submittals, PCO’s) using CMiC to approve all job invoices and prepare monthly owner billings
- Run the owner/architect/contractor weekly job meetings including timely follow up and distribution of minutes
- Work with and assist the superintendent in addressing issues, problem solving, reviewing the schedule and job cost forecast
- Regularly review with the Project Executive job status, logs and job cost analysis using reports and information from CMiC
- Work on all aspects of Preconstruction and Business Development with the Preconstruction, Marketing, and Business Development teams
Bachelor’s degree in CM, engineering or architecture with ten or more years of similar experience with a Bay Area building contractor with a track record of successful project completions and high customer satisfaction
Experience in public school construction management preferred
Excellent organizational, communication (both written and spoken) and leadership skills are essential
Must be able to work both at a “detail” level and think strategically while managing customer relationships
Solid computer skills in Excel and MS Word, including the proficient use of the following software: scheduling (MS Project or Suretrak) and project management (CMiC) is vital
Must be willing to live/work in the Bay Area
Named as one of the “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and San Francisco Business Times since 2009 and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to work for in the United States in 2013 and 2016, Blach Construction is a financially stable, award-winning, mid-sized general building contractor and construction manager headquartered in San Jose with operations throughout the greater Bay Area and the Central Coast region.
Blach offers an outstanding benefits package, which you can read about on the company website, as well as an extensive training and development program for all employees through our own Blach University. The management of the company is dedicated to maintaining a stimulating and ex-citing work environment where teamwork and excellence are encouraged and supported. For more information, check out the company’s website at #removed#
Role: Construction Project Manager
Location: San Jose,
Apply for this job now.