Our client is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry.
They operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs and are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling.
This company is seeking to appoint a talented Contract Advisor to their team, responsible for taking support and lead roles in drafting, negotiating and concluding negotiations of legal positions in contracts.
- Draft, review, negotiate and administer contracts for the provision of onshore and offshore services and the domestic and international sale and purchase of goods, and charter-parties, with a focus on drafting and negotiation of the legal terms and conditions. Some drafting of commercial terms may also be required.
- Interface with peers in the Legal and Contracts departments in other regions to share best practices and ensure consistency throughout the organisation.
- Interface with commercial, bids-and-proposals, sales and operations personnel. Advise on terms and conditions and other contractual issues.
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts, including the Legal, Tax, Finance and Insurance Departments.
- Maintain contracts files and database with respect to contracts reviewed and executed.
- Conduct contracts-related training of operations and other personnel.
- Promote an awareness of Legal Department policies and procedures in coordination with Regional Legal Counsel.
- Some travel (domestic and international) may be required.
Qualifications / Experience
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree. Law degree is preferred.
- Relevant working experience in commercial contracting experience in the offshore oil and gas service industry, directly supporting sales and operations management’s efforts with clients.
- Knowledge of indemnity structures and risk mitigation utilised in offshore oil and gas service contracts is essential.
- Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
Due to high levels of interest it isn’t always possible to respond to all applicants, however we will be in contact if we can assist you.
Equal Opportunities is important to us, any PQE indicated in this advertisement is a guide only and all applications will be reviewed on merit.