Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Location: Winchester Depot - South East Region (Detling/Tring/West Drayton)
Salary: up to £25k depending on qualifications skills and experience with company benefits
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you can expect the benefits from Chevron Traffic Management that come with being an employer of choice:
- Highly competitive salary with company car allowance
- 26 days holiday and 8 Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
- Free Traffic Management Training
- Access to our Internal Academy and Career Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer A Friend Scheme of £750
- Perk Box Rewards – saving an average of £400 per year
- Career Development
- On-site free parking
Travelling is part of this role as we have depots across the UK. Therefore, you must have a full, valid UK driving license and your own transport.
Why Chevron Traffic Management
Chevron TM specialises in the provision of temporary traffic management services throughout the UK, providing physical and digital traffic controls to ensure that works are carried out safely and workers and the general public are safe.
Managing traffic for organisations working within Utilities, Rail, High Speed Network, Local Authorities and Events we place huge emphasis on our performance and ability to deliver, meet and exceed our clients' expectations. We give expert support from the consultation and design phase, right through to work completion and sign-off.
About the role of Assistant Quantity Surveyor
There has never been a better time to join Chevron Traffic Management as a Assistant Quantity Surveyor! We have had our most successful year ever! We are growing significantly – which is why we need YOU!
The purpose of this role is to support the Regional Commercial Manager in delivering and exceeding the budgeted performance, providing the relevant information to the Commercial and Senior Leadership Team in preparing annual budget forecasts.
Travelling is part of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor role as we have depots across the UK. Therefore, you must have a full, valid UK driving license and your own transport.
Responsibilities of an Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
- Help in managing costs, suggest journal requests if needed.
- Review monthly management accounts and key performance information and see where areas of improvement can be made for margin
- Monitor and maintain the data within the Company Inhouse Works Management System.
- Ensure the timely and accurate billing of all work carried out within the region, ensuring that client specified application/invoice dates are met.
- Manage the Early Warning and Compensation Event process as set out in the NEC form of Contract (or as amended by our clients T&C’s).
- Manage client disputes face to face and create a strong client link. Timely responses to Client enquiries, communication falling in line with the company ethos.
- Create In-Contract pricing, estimates and quotations and following through to final account settlement.
- Assist the Regional Commercial Manager with Aged Debt, cash collection and escalation if needed.
- Help to prepare revenue reports to facilitate preparation and publication of monthly management accounts.
- Contribute to the overall management of commercial aspects of all contracts, including ensuring costs and revenue in correct periods.
What good looks like of an Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
- Excellent negotiating Skills.
- Good understanding of the NEC form of Contract.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of software. (Excel test at interview)
- Confident to work with a IT/Digital system led solution to commercial management.
- Understanding of management accounts and financial reporting processes (training given)
- Good communicator and team worker. Confidently able to deliver presentations to clients.
- Ability to build new and existing relationships with Clients and suppliers.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
We would also appreciate it if you have:
- Knowledge and experience of Temporary Traffic Management.
- Previous demonstrable, experience in quantity surveying
So, if you want to join a winning team and be part of an innovative organisation which is focussed on company growth and employee progression, and YOU click on the apply button today.