Are you a teaching assistant experienced in any of the below:
- Read Write inc
- Jolly Phonics
- Letters and Sounds
- Floppy Phonics
As a result of many children missing their Y1 phonics screenings numerous schools will be looking to aid their children in catching up at a rapid pace. It is therefore becoming a regular request in Merseyside from a number of primary schools for teaching assistants who are specialists in the way of phonics interventions.
You will be tasked in supporting students with the development of their reading and writing with many missing their Y1 phonics screenings or entering Y1 already behind where they should be as a result of school closures.
The ideal phonics specialist would:
- Have delivered one or more of the schemes mentioned above
- Have experience supporting students through Y1 phonics screenings
- Have the ability to engage students, building strong trusting relations of both children and adults a like
- Have the ability to accelerate progress
The types of opportunities we have in relation to phonics specialists:
Part or full time roles on a long, short or permanent basis working with...
- Students in KS1 preparing to take Y1 screenings
- Students who have missed screenings and need to catch up
- Students in foundation stage who are going into KS1
- Students in school who are working below rage expected levels some of whom may have additional needs
Benefits of working for Teaching Personnel:
- A dedicated personal consultant who will support you throughout your teaching journey
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
- Pay - Weekly
- Pay via PAYE - allowing you to take home as much of your pay as possible while also giving you access to an employee pension that TP will contribute into
- myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
- Safe Working Practice - ensuring your reputation is protected
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
If you are interested in this position and have the relevant qualifications please send your CV to #removed#
In addition you can view all our current vacancies and register with ourselves online at #removed#/register