For more than 35 years, Good Shepherd Hospital has served the community by providing quality, compassionate health care services to families throughout the northwest suburbs. Today, more than 700 physicians representing over 50 medical specialties have chosen to affiliate with Good Shepherd Hospital. Highly-skilled physicians and clinical professionals provide a comprehensive range of services including nationally acclaimed cardiovascular care, advanced surgical capabilities, emergency services backed by the resources of a level II trauma center and a state-of-the-art Birth Center. A nationally-recognized cancer program, a health & fitness center as well as an extensive range of outpatient services round out our health care program.
It’s More Than a Job, It's a Calling!
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES TECH I
- Good Shepherd Hospital, Barrington, IL.
- AM Shift available for weekends and holidays, OR, PM/2nd Shift hours; Mon-Fri 3:00pm-1130pm every other weekend. Some holidays
- Registry—scheduled on call, as needed. GREAT for anyone attending high school, college, or just looking to supplement another job.
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
Our Environmental Service Associate works on a variety of assigned units and/or public access areas and is a key contributor in our goal of reducing the spread of disease/illness by strict adherence to thorough cleaning and disinfecting procedures. The EVS associate positively impacts patient, visitor and associates confidence in a safe clinical environment.
**Exposure to disease/illness, cleaning chemicals and electrical equipment is part of this vital position in our healthcare ministry.
- Clean/disinfects assigned area(s) by washing walls, doors, door frames, ceilings, patient televisions, windows, furniture, tile, fixtures, appliances, floors, and equipment.
- Customer Satisfaction - Demonstrates a commitment to satisfying customer needs and exceeding customer expectations
- Use appropriate procedures following patient discharges
- Select cleaning materials and supplies appropriate to the job.
- Prepares detergents, germicidal solutions and other cleaning/disinfecting solutions according to established formulas. Sweeps, dust mops, and wet mop floor areas and spot cleans carpets, shampoos furniture, carpets and rugs
- Move equipment and furniture for cleaning, rearrangement and/or relocation in accordance with applicable floor plans, after cleaning assigned area(s)
- Collects and/or distributes soiled and/or clean linens, collects trash and/or waste from all areas of the hospital, as required
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Job responsibilities involve walking, standing, bending, climbing and lifting throughout the work day
**Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For lifts over 35 pounds, lifting equipment is expected to be used or lift with at least one other associate when available. Unique lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case by case basis.
JOIN ADVOCATE HEALTH CARE – RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO WORK IN ILLINOIS!
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.
Role: Environmental Services Technician / Housekeeping
Apply for this job now.