Graduate Teachers - May 2021 / September 2021
Teaching Personnel are currently looking to recruit graduates who are interested in starting a career in education. We are open to hearing from all subject graduates and those that are keen to train as teachers in the future. It is a great way to gain the experience needed as well as earning money!
We are currently working with Secondary Schools throughout the Swindon Area who are looking for passionate and enthusiastic final year University students or graduates to take on a variety of roles within schools including Cover Supervisor, Learning Support Assistants, Behaviour Mentors as well as subject specialist tutors.
The benefits of working for Teaching Personnel in a graduate role includes:
- Gaining education experience in order to advance your teacher training application
- Flexible working around other education or personal commitments
- Full-Time Learning Support Assistant or Cover Supervisor Roles
- An opportunity to secure a temporary to permanent role
- 1:1 tuition opportunities - face to face and on-line learning
- Local work opportunities - available by public transport
- Paid work
- Teaching Personnel's Future Teacher Scheme - opportunity to be trained on the job by a school following this programme
The role would involve working throughout the school with a variety of different responsibilities, from teaching classes, taking small groups of student aside to improve their knowledge within your subject, being a strong role model for the pupils and taking an active role in the life of the school. Whilst taking part in this programme you will be receiving support and mentoring from both the school and Teaching Personnel to ensure you are confident and well prepared for new challenges throughout.
Previous experience either within a school or working with children is useful but not essential. This form of experience does not necessarily have to be school based, it can be in the form of Camp experience, extra curricular courses, sports coaching etc. The schools are just looking for the right balance of individual who is able to quickly build rapport with students as well as their passion to take on such a role and develop new skills whilst doing so. The ability to cope under pressure is vital.
Please note, that we are happy to hear from graduates looking for an May 2021 or September 2021 start.