Join a team where you make a real impact at your job and in your community!
Six-figure salary where you keep what you earn.
Housing, vehicle, full benefits, relocation, and more.
Have an adventurous spirit and want a once in a lifetime opportunity?
Learn about our Gas Operations Superintendent Opening in Barrow, AK.
Working for Barrow Utilities & Electric Cooperative Inc. (BUECI), a multi-utility cooperative, you will be an integral part of our company that provides electric, natural gas, water, and sewage collection and treatment services to the city of Utqiagvik/Barrow. BUECI, incorporated in 1964, is a community-driven cooperative owned by 1,200+ members. Learn more about us at #removed#
We are proud to offer:
· Base salary - $132,410-$202,255 based upon experience
· Relocation assistance
· Medical, dental, vision, and short-term disability insurance - 100% coverage for employee, spouse, and dependents
· 401K with 6% voluntary employer contribution
· NRECA pension plan - 100% employer paid
· Subsidized, affordable housing
· Company truck
· Travel benefit paid out three times per year
· Paid time off - 37 days 1st year, 42 days 2nd year, 47 days 3rd year
· Paid leave for bereavement, voting, and jury duty
· Excellent training
In this full-time, senior management position as Natural Gas Operations Superintendent, you will be responsible for the management of 7 employees and the oversight of the functional areas of natural gas pipe maintenance and fleet management. To view the complete job description, click here: #-content/uploads/2018/09/Distribution.Natural-Gas-and-Fleet-Superintendent-Job-Description-Rev-9.27.2018.pdf
Areas of responsibility include:
· Operations & maintenance for natural gas distribution
· Fleet management
· Personnel supervision
· Member service
· Technology and security
· Metering management
· Planning and reporting
· Inventory control
· Education and training
· Regulatory compliance
Minimum qualifications include:
· Bachelor’s Degree: Natural Gas or management background preferred
· 7+ years’ related experience: management of natural gas utility distribution systems
· Understanding of natural gas principles, concepts, construction specifications, and other appropriate codes, statutes, and utility tariffs
· Working knowledge of current federal, state, and local laws as they relate to natural gas distribution
· Experience in natural gas construction and maintenance techniques
· Experience in managing, leading and training staff
· Experience managing in a multicultural workplace
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Must relocate and live in Barrow, AK full-time
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter no later than November 5th. For questions, please call 800-797-7355.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Role: Natural Gas Distribution Superintendent
Location: South Bend,
Apply for this job now.