SEN Teaching Assistant - September Start!
Location: London Borough of Lewisham
Salary: £75 - £85 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are experience of working with children in UK schools.
Smart Teachers are recruiting for a temp to perm Teaching Assistant role at a vibrant SEN school in Lewisham to start in September 2021. You will be supporting children and young people with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties, including autism and an EHCP. Experience of working with SEND children is preferrable but not required as training will be provided. The school specialises in creating an inclusive environment for both students and staff by emphasising the importance of community and collaboration. They offer a nurturing environment where each pupil is treated with respect and embraced for their individuality. The ideal candidate will have an adaptive and compassionate attitude.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- To support student's learning in lessons, taking into consideration each pupil's BSP/EHCP.
- To aid in ensuring that the health and safety as well as hygiene standards of each student is prioritised.
- To collaborate with SENCO and Pastoral team to better understand and assist with the needs of pupils.
- To support students with personal and behavioural development.
- To assist the class teacher in delivering resources/displays.
- To deliver 1:1 intervention where necessary under the direction of teaching/SENCO staff.
- To assist in supervising pupils during leisure time and outdoor time.
- Experience in a UK primary, secondary or SEND school is not essential but desirable.
- A good standard of education including a grade C GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.
- Must have previous experience of working with children or adults with ASD, PMLD, SEMH, MLD, SLD or as a 1:1 support role.
- Willing to undertake training to further develop role-specific skills.
- Resilience to
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEND Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working