This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Toolroom Manager to join a world class manufacturing business which is still growing and expanding, this role could come with a relocation package if you are outside of the Sussex area. You will be required to assist the Director in the day-to-day management and operation of the toolroom and ensuring the safety of our staff at all times.
You will also be required to train, develop and mentor all toolroom employees, and ensure they maintain tooling in accordance with all drawings and comply with relevant H&S procedures. This will include ensuring this facility complies with all Health & Safety, Human Resource, Quality and Environmental policies and procedures, and appropriate regulations and standards are being adhered to.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with customer care & planning you will ensure that you distribute the flow of work through the toolroom to the relevant skilled staff, including the ordering of raw materials, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules and resolving problems as and when they arise.
- Work alongside the Senior toolmaker and designer to resolve technical issues in a prompt and professional manner
- Induct new employees in line with company policy
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- To work closely with other departments to ensure that communication from the tool room is clear and precise using effective communication tools.
- Ensure key toolroom performance targets (KPI's) are being met and assist in collating relevant data
- Implement your IOSH training and ensure H&S good practice across the facility, including the safe use of equipment and the correct PPE equipment has been issued and is being used
- Maintain safe and clean working environments for all staff, using the 6s approach and by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points
- Produce & collate risk assessments, safe systems of work and work instructions by working with and liaising with employees in small teams in compliance with company policy.
- To manage, develop, appraise and motivate employees' performance and ensure good communication is given verbally and/or written to members of staff.
- To be the main point of contact when Director is off site and being able to make appropriate decisions while following the Company reporting structure.
- Monitor and manage stock levels of raw material and consumables
- Carry out contractor safety inductions and issue permits to works, ensuring RAMS are in place before works commence.
- To play a part in the companies continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future growth of the Company.
- To oversee and visit our partner tool maker in China to maintain high standards of Chinese tool manufacturing destined for our UK mouldshops.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE WORKED IN A SIMILAR ROLE IN AT A SIMILAR LEVEL TO BE CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW. THIS ROLE WILL INTERVIEW ASAP WITH TEAMS AND THEN MAY HAVE AN ON SITE INTEVRIEW IN THE NEW YEAR, THIS