Worcester Eisenbrandt (WEI) is looking for an experienced Project Manager who has strong construction background.
What can you expect? To be challenged working on a variety of historic construction projects. Our projects range from Baltimore City area to Northern Virginia.
WEI offers an outstanding company culture and dynamic work environment. This is a full-time position with benefits, including but not limited to: health, dental, vision, paid time off, paid holidays and 401(k). Pay is competitive.
- The Project Manager will be coordinating, and handling daily project management activities during the procurement, design, and construction phase.
- The Project Manager, will be responsible for ensuring that tasks are delegated effectively and staff remain motivated to complete the project to a high standard.
- Will review and ensure labor and supply needs.
- Direct and support project superintendents in preparing and managing project schedules.
- Review construction documents and assist in budget preparation.
- Ensure all material approved for the project is in accordance with the project schedule and budget.
- Maintain meeting minute records and notes for staff meetings, subcontractor meetings, and scope meetings.
- Support timely project funding by assisting in the preparation of monthly pay requisitions.
- Review sub-contractor change orders to ensure they are correct.
- Organize and maintain vendor documentation.
- Maintain accurate change order log, project closeouts and all related activities.
- Works with payroll to ensure accurate payroll and job billing/costing information.
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure client satisfaction.
- Local travel to job sites.
- Project Manager may be required to handle stressful situations
- Daily email checks for correspondence.
- Preparing regular progress reports for project sponsors
- Making daily tasks lists and delegating responsibility
- Arranging and leading on regular team meetings
- Keeping up to date with any policy and legislation changes
- Undertaking site checks to monitor progress
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, architectural engineering, or construction management, or a minimum 5 years experience in a construction role.
- Alternatively, a minimum of 8 to 10 years progressive construction project management experience in lieu of a degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work a flex schedule if project requires.
- Demonstrated ability to understand multiple projects of varying complexity including multi-phase projects in design and construction.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with contractors, sub-contractors, owners/tenants, and government agencies to provide excellent customer service and client satisfaction.
- Ability to read/interpret design and construction drawings, specs, schematics and other documents.
- Must be organized, timely, and customer service oriented.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft and email applications.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Able to read, speak and write English.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Dependable, reliable, fulfills responsibilities.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, balancing, walking, stooping, and occasionally lifting up-to 40 pounds.
- Able to wear common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats when needed.
APPLY TO LINK:
It is the policy of Worcester Eisenbrandt, Inc. (WEI, Inc.) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. In addition, WEI will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
WEI, Inc. confirms work authorization through E-Verify, drug screening and background check.
Powered by JazzHR