The Payroll and Benefits Specialist supports the Finance department in the areas of benefits administration (e.g., insurance plans, 401(k) Plan, Workers' Compensation, unemployment insurance), compensation analysis, payroll, reporting, audits, and compliance relative to their assigned geographic area(s).
• Contributes to the development, communication, and administration of competitive and equitable compensation and benefits programs (e.g., salary ranges, compensation packages, benefits offerings)
• Assists with processing payroll (including wire transfers) expense reimbursements, corporate credit card program, billing, and manages related entries/bookings in the accounting system as well as reconciliations (for the company’s U.S. and international entities)
• Assists with benefits administration including 401(k) Plan, medical and ancillary plans, claims resolution, annual renewal, insurance bill auditing and approval of invoices for payment, audits, compliance reporting/notices and filings (e.g., W-2s, 1099-s, 5500, federal and state payroll and unemployment insurance) (for the company’s U.S. and international entities)
• Assist with Workers’ Compensation and unemployment insurance administration
• Compiles, analyzes, and presents reports using company’s Human Resource Information System (HRIS), payroll, and accounting and expense reporting systems
• Ensures applicable employment laws and regulations are followed reducing legal risks; maintains records, reports, and logs in accordance with country specific requirements
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s or equivalent college degree - focus in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance preferred
• Working knowledge of federal and state compensation and benefits laws
• HRIS, payroll, and accounting systems experience
• 2+ years relevant work experience
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Strong leadership and communication skills, strong problem solving skills, ability to multitask, and work under strict deadlines
Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00. Starting pay will be 40-50K based on experience. Excellent benefits.
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express provides a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative.
Locally owned and operated, Express Employment Professionals in Fort Myers, FL is a full-service staffing firm. Now going into are 16th year in business we continually exceed expectations by providing quality staffing solutions to companies in our community while also helping job seekers find employment. Our team, with over 75 years combined experience, is committed to recruiting, screening and placing only the most qualified candidates in the area. In 2015 alone we have place over 250 associates in full-time positions. Our office location, experience, combined with our local recruiting efforts provides us with a tremendous competitive advantage!
Our Mission: To professionally market and provide quality human resource solutions which profits our associates, customers, and communities in which we conduct business.
Our Vision: To help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.
Role: Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Location: Fort Myers,
Apply for this job now.