COMPANY: BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: Competitive base & bonus
Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with over $350 billion in assets under management. We have over a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield is a global organization with over 100,000 employees and operations in 30 countries in 5 continents. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol BAM and on NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA.
For more information, please visit our web site at #removed#
Our asset management business consists of 5 business groups (Real Estate, Infrastructure, Power, Private Equity, and Public Securities) in addition to the Global Manager group which covers the corporate functions. We operate on a decentralized basis where each business group is responsible for the activities of the business.
Our portfolio, grounded in 120 years of investment experience, provides diversified exposure to scarce, high-quality businesses with significant barriers to entry.
We invest in infrastructure assets that deliver essential goods and services—from the movement of passengers and freight over toll roads and rail networks to the distribution of energy and other products through ports and pipelines, and much more.
Reporting to a Senior Vice President in Brookfield’s Super-Core Infrastructure Fund, the role offers the opportunity to assist with Brookfield’s investment in infrastructure, including originating potential investments, performing various aspects of due diligence in the execution of potential investments and management of existing assets. The Super-Core Infrastructure Fund is an open-ended vehicle targeting investments with predominantly contracted/regulated revenue streams in OECD markets.
This is a great opportunity for a proven outstanding performer to join a dynamic and growing asset management organization.
- Assisting in targeting and evaluating new investment opportunities;
- Assessing potential investments through financial modelling and company/industry research;
- Planning and completion of due diligence;
- Working with operational teams and advisors to be an integral contributor in the due diligence process supporting acquisition activities;
- Researching industry opportunities to identify and assess impact of key value drivers on a transaction and business assumptions;
- Coordinating and assisting operating management teams with various corporate development transactions;
- Monitoring and assisting in the management of existing portfolio companies;
- Providing various support functions to Brookfield Asset Management deal teams such as preparation of presentation material or organization and coordination of large working groups;
- Contributing to a flexible, dynamic, and team-oriented working culture that fosters personal development and a positive attitude;
- Special projects as required.
- Previous M&A deal experience (Private Equity fund, Accounting firm or Investment Bank).
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Financial modelling skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to proactively research investment opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and creative problem-solving ability.
- Strong and confident written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development.
- Experience and knowledge of infrastructure assets including transportation assets is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Proficiency in a European language.