Teaching Personnel are currently seeking 1:1 Tutors to facilitate the learning and development of pupils out of school in Essex. We work with Schools, Virtual Schools and SEN Services to provide tutors for pupils with a diverse set of needs, most of whom are currently not accessing mainstream education. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- Permanent and temporary exclusions
- Moderate Learning Difficulties
- Looked After Children
- Medical Needs
You will be working either within the home or within a residential care setting. The core focus of sessions is to improve skills in Maths and English. You will also have a sound working knowledge of de-escalating challenging behaviour and using different strategies to keep pupil engaged in education.
We are looking for teachers who are able to tutor these pupils to continue their education. This will usually be for core subjects (Maths and English), but can also include other subjects. You must have experience teaching either Maths or English up to GCSE Level and be confident working with pupils with either learning or behaviour needs.
Working as a Tutor offers flexibility to be able to work at times that suit you. Tuition sessions vary depending on the requirements for each pupil, but are usually for 2 hour sessions and can vary from 1-5 sessions per week.
About Teaching Personnel
As the UK's leading supply agency, Teaching Personnel are committed to supporting you in finding your next role. We have been working with Virtual Schools and education providers for Looked After Children (LAC) for a number of years and we pride ourselves on 'narrowing the gap' of attainment for these pupils against the progress of their non-looked after peers. We are also eager that you have an enjoyable and rewarding experience with us that sees you staying with Teaching Personnel for as long as your circumstances allow.
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
- Pay - Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
- myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
- Safe Working Practice - ensuring your reputation is protected
- Excellence in Education Awards - recognising the positive impact you deliver in schools
- TP Tokens - supporting national children and education charities through your direction