Company: AIT WORLDWIDE LOGISTICS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Wake up each day to be part of a movement. A movement to make an impact. A movement to go for it. A movement to provide solutions. A movement to be empowered. A movement to do the right thing.
our people deliver.®
Empowerment, active listening and creative thinking are a few attributes AIT teammates exercise to deliver a world-class customer experience.
Forbes names AIT Worldwide Logistics one of America's Best Employers in 2021! Come join us at AIT and see why our employees rank us among the best places to work.
The Domestic Operations Agent is responsible for the outcome of assigned client projects including customer service, tracking, routing, problem resolution, vendor compliance and customer interaction. This job is 100% on-site in the office.
What You Will Be Doing Day-to-Day:
- Ability to quote and route freight across multiple transportation channels and services on a daily basis.
- Quote customers on shipments timely and accurately.
- Communicate with sales on quotes timely in order to secure business.
- Track and trace domestic freight shipments moving via air/ground.
- Able to troubleshoot and overcome operational challenges and proactively communicate with clients regarding the status of their freight shipments.
- Assist local sales and domestic offices with air/ground freight issues.
- Communicate with customers, vendors and suppliers regarding shipment dispatch, routing and rates.
- Generate all documentation required for the movement of freight generated from the facility.
- Manage daily on-time and defect codes, carrier re-weights and insure all masters rated.
- Adhere to TSA and other government regulatory compliance standards with regards to booking, routing of all air, ground and sea cargo.
What We Look for in Teammates:
- A team player who works well with others - being respectful to our teammates is a Core Value!
- A strong work ethic with an appreciation for ownership, independence, accountability and autonomy in your role.
- Growth mindset - being passionate about your craft, always looking for ways to improve yourself and the company, being open to change and doing things differently.
- Customer service focus - we serve a wide variety of customers, both internal and external, and building relationships is a part of our culture!
Other Skills We Hope to See:
- High School diploma and/or GED required
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred in business, supply chain, logistics, transportation management preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years' previous Freight Forwarding experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, AS400 experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written - proactively communicating to clients is part of our Core Value of earning our customers' trust.
- Problem Solver to identify issues of varying complexity and work to find effective solutions to satisfy our customers' needs.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills to manage the volume of customer shipments and contacts.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment
- Ability to calculate freight rates and amounts such percentages, area, circumference, and volume
What AIT Can Offer You:
- Growing company with a record year in performance that continues to scale!
- Opportunity to drive significant changes in Domestic Operations with an ability to make an impact across the organization
- Hands-on and passionate CEO who understands the importance of hiring great talent - passionately caring for co-workers is a Core Value!
- Laid-back and open-door work environment
- High Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where continuous improvement is embraced
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition assistance
- Volunteer program - it's also a Core Value - we actively engage in our communities!
About AIT Worldwide Logistics:
Founded in 1979, Itasca, Illinois-based AIT Worldwide Logistics is a full service transportation management provider. With continental headquarters in Chicago, Amsterdam and Hong Kong, AIT's offices form a vast network spanning the globe. AIT continues to expand with a network of more than 50 offices and over 700 teammates across the globe. By coupling a flexible business model with robust technology that presents end-to-end shipment visibility, AIT delivers precisely tailored supply chain efficiencies for almost every industry imaginable. Leveraging creative, competitively priced multimodal solutions, AIT removes the complexity from global logistics puzzles, helping companies thrive by regaining focus on the core goals of their business.
AIT Worldwide Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled. If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact Human Resources at #removed# ext 5318 or email your resume to #removed#
Powered by JazzHR