The Assembly Technician will provide mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic assembly support of custom automation equipment. This position involves assisting with testing, analyzing, and troubleshooting equipment operations. Clean-up, disassembly, and crating of the equipment for shipping as needed. Occasional onsite assistance with the start-up and commissioning of the line as part of an AXIS Automation field service installation team will be required (travel bonuses apply). Able to work from prints, job work orders, and assembly instructions with little to no supervision a must.
Perform a wide variety of skilled maintenance work at the plant as part of preventative maintenance of AXIS Equipment and general repairs to the building and support equipment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mechanical assembly of custom automation equipment
- Electrical and pneumatic assembly of automation controls equipment
- Mechanical and electrical interface testing of interrelated cell components
- Assist engineering in analyzing and troubleshooting equipment operations
- Complete reports and equip documentation in a timely fashion
- Preparation and packaging equipment for shipment
- Support Installation and Commissioning at customer site
- Using manuals, drawings and work instructions to troubleshoot, install and repair pumps, mechanical drives, speed reducers, compressors, fans, blowers, and other mechanical equipment
- Using manuals and Work Instructions, trouble shoot and repair electric motors, starters and controls
- Using drawings, diagrams and Work Instructions, connect power and control wiring
- Develop component list for rebuild kits, assemblies & standby equipment to support production
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement on equipment and systems
- Complete job duties as required in order to ensure that product is of the highest quality and integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Vocational training in electrical, mechanical or electronics engineering, or equivalent years of experience
- Three years minimum experience
- Knowledge in custom automation equipment assembly
- Controls wiring, troubleshooting, ability to read assembly blueprints and wiring schematics (training available)
- Utilize power and hand tools, operate machinery
- Lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Good problem solver with the ability to analyze data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to effectively communicate with all levels and functional areas to include customers and suppliers
- Experience with assembly of custom automation equipment IS A PLUS!
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT (and ADDITIONAL NOTES)
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment
- Requires the use of PPE to include but not limited to; steel toe shoes and safety glasses in manufacturing areas
- Requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
AXIS Automation builds custom food processing equipment for the wholesale baking and snack food industry. Major customers include 40 of the top 100 food companies worldwide. Check out our new website #.
Role: Assembly & Maintenance Technician
Apply for this job now.