Here's a little about us...
- We exist to Glorify God and to serve our customers.
- We are family owned and have been in business for 70 years!
- We make custom foam parts for companies big & small!
- We have a positive, hardworking culture! (imagine Chick-fil-a, but without chicken in a manufacturing environment)
1. Are you sick of working for an uninspired company where you feel like you are a cog in a wheel or a number in the system?
2. Would you rather be part of a smaller company with growth opportunities where you are actually treated like family?
3. Do you find joy in creating products that make people's lives more comfortable and enjoyable?
If you answer "no" to any of the above, then please DO NOT apply. We only have a limited amount of seats on our bus and we are looking for the next AWESOME team member.
The work we do matters...we create custom foam products to make people's lives more comfortable.
Title: Receiving Clerk/Manager
Type of position: Full-time
The Receiving Clerk is responsible for ensuring that all shipping and receiving documents are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
These essential functions indicate the general nature and level of work expected in this position and are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Team members may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
* Assure orders and shipping quantities match picking documents through careful audit of said documents.
* Assist in resolving any discrepancies.
* Help with or complete special projects at the discretion of the Lead or Supervisors.
* Ensure good security processes are followed with regard to the driver and visitor sign in.
* Answer/route all telephone calls and email communications in a polite manner, taking messages and routing to proper individual in a timely manner.
* Assists & evaluates needs with shipping points, services, weights & freight permits, and other information needed.
* Initiates, answers & documents tracer inquiries when requested via email and/or fax.
* Maintains shipping stations are in working order and stock with materials.
* Notifies consignee of shipment arrival and coordinates shipment information to other offices and/or agents.
* Arranges for movement of freight to consignee/agent & updates the system with information.
* Processes necessary invoices to appropriate office for payment.
* Assemble packaging materials and packages merchandise per instructions, in preparation for shipment.
* Enter data pertaining to domestic and international shipments into the company’s ERP system and into the shipping systems of commercial freight carriers.
* Monitor the supply of packaging materials and requisition additional supplies as required.
* Confirm physical shipment of goods and facilitate tracking of packages.
* Coordinate with carriers and freight forwarders to schedule pick-up of goods.
* Identify errors on packing lists & invoices and correct them.
* In conjunction with senior supervisor will be responsible for all outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations.
* Using a warehouse management system prepare accurate bills of lading for outbound freight.
* Ensure that drivers depart with appropriate paperwork.
* Ensure the accuracy of all shipping documents by strict adherence to standard operating procedures.
* Gather, enter into warehouse management system and maintain all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
* Perform monthly finished goods inventory and ensure its accuracy. Also, complete necessary management reports as required.
* Maintain a clear driver's license and make deliveries using the company truck.
* Able to remain flexible and take on extra responsibilities as given by management.
Data Entry Skills, Customer Service, Customer Focus, Scheduling, Travel Logistics, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Problem Solving, Process Improvement.
Has excellent attendance and willing to work overtime when needed to promptly service customers.
Merryweather Foam, Inc. is an industry leader in the fabrication and service of flexible foam products. For 70 years, we have served a diversified base of clients and industries, creating multiple paths for opportunity and growth.
We are a different kind of company. We are fiercely focused on serving our customers through teamwork and prompt service. As a family owned company, with 3 manufacturing locations, we are proud of our history & heritage of manufacturing. Most of our employees stay with us for a long time. It's not unusual to find people with 30+ years of experience on our team and sometimes even their children join our team after they graduate school.
With that said, Merryweather Foam isn't a place for everyone. We are not slow-paced nor laid back. Each day, we look for new ways to adapt and grow. We challenge 100% of our team members to eliminate waste and improve processes on a regular basis. So if you are looking to belong to an organization that is driven by teamwork, focused on details, and values character & integrity, then please apply!
Role: Lead Shipping Clerk/Manager
Apply for this job now.