For over fifty years, the Moran Group of companies has focused on life safety and life comfort across the nation. Headquartered in Northbrook, IL, the Moran Group provides a full spectrum of mechanical services for the commercial, industrial, and residential markets: HVAC installation and maintenance, fire protection, and plumbing.
The Moran Group prides itself on nurturing its employees to promote career development and retention. At the Moran Group, employees are considered partners and are valued for their part in the company’s growth.
Located in our La Porte, TX facility and reporting to the General Manager, Special Hazards Systems is seeking an experienced Fire Extinguisher Inspector to test, inspect and service fire extinguishers that are located in industrial facilities.
- Conduct routine inspections of ABC, CO2 & wheeled fire extinguisher units in an industrial environment.
- Work in an industrial environment that involves walking, climbing, ladders, scaffolding, lifts and light to moderate physical activity (ability to lift 40lbs).
- Input, retrieve and archive inspection reports and related documents via iPad
- The inspector will provide accurate and detailed inspection reports including the documentation to support needed repairs or improvements for industrial clients.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Must possess a current Texas FEL-B license
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record & background.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must pass site specific security drug screens (Including urine analysis, hair follicle & Breathalyzer).
- Must possess or be able to obtain a current TWIC card.
- 3~5 years inspection experience
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with using PCs and tablets including working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willingness to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Self-starter that can work with little supervision.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
We are a 3rd Generation Mechanical Contracting company with a 100% management approval rating.
Role: Fire Extinguisher Inspector
Location: La Porte,
Apply for this job now.