Hanwha Q CELLS America is looking for a Senior Counsel. You will join a collegial team of 4 legal professionals and report to the General Counsel. You will be given responsibilities in a wide range of legal matters, including commercial contracts, trade, regulatory, employment, M&A and litigation. Our legal team is expected to grow rapidly over the next few years and there will be exciting opportunities for career growth. Hanwha Q CELLS is one of the World’s largest manufacturers and providers of solar photovoltaic (PV) products and solutions. Hanwha Q CELLS America, headquartered in Irvine, California, has been rapidly expanding its business in North America, including through expansion of products and solutions as well as through the establishment of new U.S. manufacturing facilities. We provide an opportunity to be part of an exciting and growing World class global business in an interesting and expanding industry of the future.
OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support sales, marketing, product, technology and executive teams and collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide strategic business-oriented legal advice
- Negotiate, draft and review various commercial agreements with customers, suppliers and other third-parties, including large and complex utility-scale solar equipment and solutions contracts
- Support the business, including by supervising outside counsel, in various matters, including:
- Regulatory and compliance
- M&A and strategic transactions
- Create legal and commercial forms and processes and educate the business on important legal and commercial matters
- 8+ years of experience
- Top law firm training preferred
- In-house experience, preferably with broad range of responsibilities
- Strong background in commercial contracts, preferably in customer-facing sales support
- Experience working for a global technology company is a plus
- JD from a top law school preferred
- Membership in at least one state bar
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ:HQCL), one of the world's largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnership to its customers in the utility, commercial, government and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea.
Role: Senior Counsel
Apply for this job now.