COMPANY: NORTHROP GRUMMAN
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Test Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The Common Open Mission System Architecture group is seeking a software test engineer for Subsystem CSCI Testing and Integration support in an Agile Software development environment. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with a multidisciplinary Integrated Product Team. Candidate must be able to build automated tests using python to conduct incremental component level testing and integration of product functionality.
- Reviewing, interpreting and analyzing formal and informal requirements
- Creating Test Plans and Procedures that acknowledge technical and schedule constraints
- Executing Test Procedures to ensure requirements compliance
- Supporting development, integration, and execution of test pass/fail quantitative metrics
- Performing troubleshooting as required
- Documenting Test results and creating Test Reports as needed
- Writing Defects and Software discrepancies
- Performing Component to Component Integration
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2+ years of software engineering or python scripting experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience integrating and testing software subsystems into systems
- Familiarity with testing and integrating safety critical systems (C/C++ software)
- Experience using Eggplant
- Familiarity with software development tools such as Git, CMake, VectorCAST, and Eclipse
- Knowledge of Linux systems and basic commands
- Familiarity with writing Test Scripts
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like Jira and confluence
- Familiarity with Agile SW development process
- Familiarity with Hardware Software Compatibility matrix process
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Program Access
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit #removed#/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. - provided by Dice