IT Desktop Support Specialist must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks, and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.Responsibilities:
- Working under the supervision of the Sr. Manager, Americas' End-user Computing, the IT Desktop Support Specialist will be responsible for imaging, testing, refreshing, and retiring workstations following provided instructions.
- Responsible for responding to end-user support incidents to troubleshoot and resolve issues and fulfill requests following instructions.
- Responsible for maintaining the IT lab infrastructure, racking and connecting equipment in order to support various tests.
- Support other VIT teams like data center, networking, telephony, and mobility with various test or troubleshooting issues.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems, building Windows systems, installing drivers, troubleshooting issues.
- Familiarity with different type of PC and peripheral devices.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, windows file sharing, and remote computer controls.
- Familiarity with computer imaging products, preferable Microsoft SCCM and Autopilot.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Certification preferred: CompTIA A+
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.